A Forgotten Friend | Past Comes Back to Life

Start from the beginning

I ran as fast as I could to reach the bus stop. The bus would be here any time. I couldn't afford walking all the way to school.

I reached the bus stop just on time. I paid and then went to sit next to Sarah. Sarah lives near my house and we both catch the bus from the same bus stop.  

"What took you so long? The bus was about to leave." She said.  

"I'm sorry, but I was too caught up talking to mom that I didn't even realise that I was getting late." I said while breathing heavily, God, I've never run this fast, not even during P.E.  

"Okay. Next time, please be on time."she said, sternly.  

"Yes, ma'am." I said as I gave her a mock salute.  

It took us another twenty minutes to reach school. Since the school was about to start, the grounds were clear. 

As we entered the school doors, we separated and headed towards our respective lockers. Our lockers were on the opposite ends of the corridor. I took out the books for my first period and headed towards my home room class.  

I was busy arranging my books properly, when I bumped into someone. I lost my balance and was about to trip when a pair of strong hands held me. I looked up to see who it was and saw this guy with blue eyes was staring back at me. Something about those eyes was familiar but I couldn't really pin point to what it was. His brown hair were falling over his blue eyes and a smile was playing on his face. The guy was hot. I had never seen him at school so maybe he was that new kid about whom everyone was talking about the past week, who was supposed to join today. News spread like wild fire, in this school.  

"Sorry, I didn't notice you." I said.  

"Oh, it's okay." He said.

Oh, deep voice. I like it

He gave me a quick small smile and went away. I saw his retreating back, thinking, what was so familiar about those eyes?  

Shrugging the thoughts off, I made my way to the home room class.    

***    

The first half of the day went by in a blur but we were told about a new project in English. It is supposed to be a project done in pairs. I hate group or partner projects as I always end up with some jerk jock or a bimbo cheerleader who expect me to do all the work and then steal away the limelight. This time I wasn't letting that happen.   

As I entered the cafeteria, I stood there in the queue and waited for my turn to come. As my turn came, I took a slice of pizza,  a burger and some coke. I paid for my food and went to my usual table where Sarah, Lea and Jake were waiting for me. I greeted them all, and sat on my usual chair beside Sarah.  

"Hey, Sarah! I bumped into someone today!" I whispered to her. I was still thinking about the familiarity of his eyes and I thought that Sarah might know his name so maybe I might be able to know who he really was and whether I know him or not.  Sarah loves to gossip, she is the reason why I'm always updated with the latest happenings at School.

"Yeah, so?"  

"Uh... I guess, it was that new ki-" I was cut off by her instant squealing.  

"Shush! We are sitting in a cafeteria, Sarah!" I said, warningly. A few people had turned their faces to see the source of the super high-pitched squeal. I muttered sorry and smiled at them and they all went back to eating.  

"Sorry, Rach. But he's so hot!!" She said.  

"Yeah, I know." I said while sipping my coke.  

"I mean you bumped into Edward Knight! You're one lucky gi-" I spit out my coke when I heard his name.  

What? How could that be possible? What could he possibly be doing here in London? Shouldn't he be in Beckenham?!

Well, that can't be possibe! I mean there can be so many Edward Knight's in the world. He cannot be the one I'm thinking about! No, he can't be. What if its him? But those eyes, I can never forget those eyes! I can spot them anywhere, it is him!  

"Are you sure his name is Edward Knight?" I asked to confirm.  

"Yeah, he has come from Beckenham.  But What's wrong?" She asked.  

"Um... Nothing!" I smiled awkwardly and continued eating.  

Beckenham? He is my Eddie!  

Oh. My. God.    

___________________________________________________________________________      

Hey guys!  

Well, that chapter was predictable. But I hope you liked it! :D  

Please vote or comment! :)  

fabgirl1998