Chapter 19

"I can't believe you would let him hear you"Ashton shook his head running a hand through his hair again before shoving his hands back into the pocket.

It was freezing.The two boys were shaking with the cold and could not bear thinking about the boy who left the house in only one of Luke's jumpers and a light pare of leggings.

Calum's phone kept ringing and ringing and ringing.He answered it.

"what the fuck do you want Luke?"He asked walking towards the park.

"I'm coming back,broke up with Chase"he said as if it was no big deal.

"you are not coming anywhere near Michael.I swear to god if you so much as look at him you're out of the band.I can't believe we ever helped you"He spat.

"listen Ca-"

"No you listen.You left such a vulnerable boy in such a bad state that he self harms,starves himself,he's tried to fucking kill himself and he overheard you on the phone and we can't find him now.This is all your fault and I am never forgiving you"Calum arrived at the park.Looking around before walking further.

"Did you forget that you helped me?Both of you.You're just as much to blame"Luke almost chuckled.

"I'm not the one who cheated on my boyfriend because he wouldn't have sex with me"Calum shouted.He took a couple of deep breaths before exhaling once more."This I your mess and for all we co-Michael!"He shouted seeing a body one of the benches.

Luke's eyebrows furrowed what was wrong with him.The line went dead and he threw his phone at the wall with frustration.

Meanwhile Ashton heard the screaming and ran after Calum.He saw him fall to his knees and heard a few sobs.He saw the body was Michael.

He didn't look right.His face was a shade of blue that isn't natural on a human.His lips even darker.His unconscious body was curled in on itself.

"call and ambulance"Calum was able to make out through his sobs as he pulled the jacket off his shoulders.He lay it over the boy pulling him into chest.

"Fuck come in M-Mikey wake up"He was starting to shiver holding the boy even closer for body heat even though the boy didn't have any.

He still had a pulse.It was a good sign.He was still there with hem.Just unconscious .

Ashton sat down beside Calum,shrugging off his jacket also placing it on Michael.He wrapped an arm around Calum and they waited for the ambulance to arrive.

-

"Not serious has happened as a cause of the cold he was just already weak because of his anorexia and insomnia "The doctor spoke."We are going to be placing him on an antibiotic for a chest infection and just keep him in a warm bed for a week or two"Calum and Ashton nodded

The doctor let them into the boy's room
And they sat at the foot of his bed.
Michael turned his head away from the window to look at his best friends.Well who he thought were.

"You l-lied to m-me"He voice was hoarse and even quieter then it was before.

"Let me explain"Calum pleaded.Michael only blinked at him"the rumours you heard were true.About him leaving you because you would have sex.But he truly loved you.he left because he knew he would end up forcing you into it"Calum spoke gently.A year slipped down Michael's face and he shook his head.

"I would h-have preferred t-t-that over thi-s"He mumbled turning back towards the window.

Ashton patted Calum's as they sat there in silence occasionally hearing a violent cough from Michael.

They could only hope the boy would forgive them