Chapter 2.

"Katie" my mom was waking me up.

"I don't want to go to school." I whined with my eyes still closed.

"Maybe you'll make some friends today." I could feel her smiling.

"No, that won't happen."

"Just give it a try. We haven't been here for long. Maybe here is better." I could tell that she's worried.

"Fine." I said and got up.

"Things will get better." She said and I hugged her.

"Maybe they will get better."

"Now you have to get dressed for school." Mom said.

.

.

I walked through the hall. It's crowded. Way too crowded. Students rushing to their classes, others standing by their lockers, and there was a couple kissing by the corner. Great.

I looked at my schedule and I didn't understand anything. I heard a voice near me.

"Hey, you seem to be lost." He said and I just stood there doing nothing.

"I'm Alex." He said.

"Katie." I said smiling.

"So Katie, I haven't seen you before so you're probably new."

"Yeah, this is my first day actually."

"I will be your guide then?" He said with a grin. He was cute. Katie, focus. This is your first day.

"Yeah sure" I said and smiled.

"Okay, your locker is..." He said and looks at the paper. "..over there." He pointed right behind me. Really?

"Oh," this sounded stupid.

"And we have like two classes together, English and Math." He said with a smile.

"That's good."

"Your first class is Chemistry, and it's over there." He pointed at a class room.

"Thank you."

"No need, here's your paper." The bell rang.

"I gotta go, see you later?" He said.

"Yeah sure." I replied with a smile. I heard someone shouting.

"Watch out, nerd!" Someone shouted and shoved a student by a locker. What kind of sane person does that? The boy seemed like his glasses have fell on the floor. I went to help him.

"Hey. You okay? Here's your glasses." I said. quietly. And he mumbled something I couldn't make it out.

"Uhh...I have to go. See you around." I told him and went to my locker to grab my books then head to the class.

------