Chapter 01

Stephanie's Pov
My mom sat me down in the kitchen. I notice that tears marked her cheeks.

"Steph, um... It's really hard to say this but... We have sold you..."

I looked at her confused, not really believing my parents sold me.

"What do you mean you sold me?" I ask.

"This man... Bought you from us... And you have to leave, right now..." She says, more tears falling down her cheek.

Tears start falling from my eyes now.

"NO! Im not leaving!" I yell.

She flinches, "Mija, you know we've been losing money since I lost my job. And the man bought you for a good price..."

"So you sold your own daughter?" I say.

She goes silent. I let out a small laugh then turn and walk away.

"Steven... T-take her." Mom says, from behind.

Someone grabs my arm and throws me over their shoulder.

"Let me go!" I yell, punching his back.

I look up and see my mom crying, she gives me a small, short wave. We walk outside, and the guy throws me in his car, I try and get out but he pushes me down, buckles me in, and closes the door. He opens the drivers door and sits down. I don't even try to get out, I just cry. All these thoughts flow through my mind. Where am I going? Why did he want me? Whats gonna happen to me, my family, my boyfriend Aaron?

"My name is Steven." He says snapping me back to reality.

"I could care less if your name is Steven!" I snap at him.

"Hey! You don't speak to me like that, you will get punished!" He says.

I raise my eyebrows, still facing the front, not daring to look at his face.

"Punish me! HA!" I let out a laugh, and I see him turn and look at me.

When we stopped at a light, he smacked my face.

I gasped, I didn't think he would actually hit me.

I cup my face with my hand, and then look over at him.

"I told you..." He said.

"Ugh, te odio..." I mumble.

"And no spanish!" He points out.

"Whatever..." I say back.

Theres silence.

"Why did you even buy me?" I ask.

"You want me to say it straight up?" He asks.

"Well what else..." I ask

"Well I bought you for sex."

"WHAT?" I start crying again.

"I bought-"

"I heard you..."

He smacks me again.

"Don't EVER interrupt me, ever"

I was about to speak, until we pull up into this huge house. He talks into this speaker and the gate opens. We pull up into the driveway, and he gets out. He opens my door.

"Get out!" he say.

I stay right in my spot. He grabs me by my hair and pulls me out. He pulls me all the way to the door. He opens the door and locks it when we both get inside. He lets go of my hair when we get into the living room.