My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 22

Start from the beginning

Arnav was enjoying every single reaction of hers as he traced over her facial features, still not touching her. After a few seconds he finally let himself touch her face, tucking a few strands of loose hair behind her ear.

He then leaned forward towards her steadily.

Khushi may have her eyes closed but she was hyperaware of every single movement of Arnav's, and feeling him nearing her even further, her heart started to race, and her breathing became even more laboured. She could feel his breath caressing her lips as he brought his face so close, that if she moved in the slightest, she was sure her lips would be on his skin...

He stayed in that position for a few moments and just as Khushi's tension was reaching its peak, he moved his face to the side slightly.

"Khushi," he whispered into her ear huskily, "You can stop pretending now."

And with that Khushi opened her eyes to look straight into a pair of the most beautiful, molten caramel orbs.

"A-ap ko k-kaise pata chala?! (H-how d-did you know?!)"

Arnav smiled smugly while his eyes shone with amusement. "Your body is betraying you Khushi."

"Tumhaara pher... (Your feet...)" That's when Khushi realised that she had scrunched her toes, unable to bear his sweet torture.

"Tumhaara haat... (Your hands...)" Khushi accusingly looked towards her hands which were clutching his shirt with a death grip.

"Tumhaari saansein... (Your breathing...)" Khushi realised she was so breathing hard that it was the loudest sound in the silent penthouse.

"Or... (And...)" Arnav paused, gazing into Khushi's hazel eyes.

"Or? (And?)" Khushi questioned, mesmerised by those eyes.

"Or... (And...)" Arnav slowly placed his one hand over her racing heart, causing it to beat even faster. "Tumhaari dil ki dhadkan (Your heart beats)" he completed huskily.

Khushi didn't know what came over her but she then put one of her hands on his own heart which was beating in sync with hers.

And they didn't know for how long but they stayed in that position, gazing deep into each other's eyes.

Both of them were so lost in the moment that they didn't even realise that their faces were unconsciously moving towards each other...

And just when their lips softly brushed against one another, they were jolted out of their reverie with the ringing of Arnav's mobile phone.

Both of them moved back, shocked with their own actions. Neither of them had realised what they were doing.

Khushi's face was as red as a tomato by now, and she was looking everywhere but at Arnav.

As soon as she saw him engaging in the phone call, she grabbed the opportunity to run away with the excuse of needing to freshen up.

Later during breakfast and lunch, Khushi hardly spoke. Arnav isn't exactly used to talking much but today for Khushi's sake he actually tried making some small talk. But to his disappointment he only got one worded answers or otherwise very short answers. Arnav hadn't even gone into office today as he wanted to spend some time with Khushi but it looked like neither fate nor Khushi was on his side today. She just avoided any communication as much as possible.

Khushi was still stuck in her actions last night, and the events today morning hadn't exactly helped her forget the awkward situation.

Just after they'd cleared up after lunch, they'd both silently settled down to watch TV, each sitting on the far ends of the bed. Arnav asked, "Is this some kind of revenge Khushi?"