My Imperfect Mr Perfect Chapter 21 (Part II)

Start from the beginning

Arnav on the other hand didn't want to be in the same room as Khushi - the tension was so thick in the air. It was very awkward for both of them, so he decided to go upstairs and work.

He quickly changed in the bathroom and came out ready for work.

"Khushi, I'm going to work. I will be back for lunch," he said looking at the floor, but loud enough for her to hear.

Then he took the lift down to his office, ready to work.

As soon as he was out of the lift, Khushi just broke down into tears once more, not knowing what else to do in this situation.

As soon as Arnav got to his cabin, he called Aman, wanting to know how far the case has progressed.

"Any more information on who L75 is?" asked Arnav.

"No Arnav, the goons don't know any information about this L75 except this name. They seem to get instructions from another person who works for L75, but we were too late to trace that person. We need another lead," informed Aman.

"Damn it! This case is more complicated than I thought! I took in Khushi to protect her from Shyam, but this new L75 has come out of nowhere, complicating everything!" Arnav swore. Now they had to come up with a plan to trap both these criminals.

"Arnav, I was wondering if they are both one and the same? What if this is some sort of trick from Shyam's end?" Aman expressed his thoughts.

"No Aman. I don't think that would be possible. Shyam is just a rich, spoilt brat abusing his power. He is not smart enough to cover his tracks to this extent. We have been at him for long enough to know he isn't clever enough to build up a hierarchy like this... This L75 seems older, more experienced and cunning. They can't be the same."

"Yh you're right Arnav, I didn't think from that POV. So what do we do to catch this L75?"

"That's what I'm thinking about too Aman... There must be some sort of pathway that could lead up to him... Some sort of loophole..."

Arnav sat there with his police mind racing with possibilities while Aman tried to do the same.

Suddenly something clicked in Arnav's mind.

Why didn't he think of this before?! It was sitting right in front of him the whole time!

"Aman! We've been searching from the wrong end this whole time!" exclaimed Arnav.

"What do you mean Arnav? Wrong end?" questioned a confused Aman.

"Aman remember I was there when L75 called Khushi when they were about to..." Arnav still found it hard to think of that incident. Seeing Khushi on the verge of death was something he just couldn't bear.

"Yh Arnav, what about it?"

"The guys wanted to kill Khushi. Khushi out of all people. And he also mentioned something about wishing he had sent them all off together, meaning he had killed Khushi's parents."

"Yh Arnav we know this already, what are you getting at?"

"Aman we need to search about Khushi's history! Or more like her parents' history. Every single detail of their life. All their possible enemies. This could give us a lead us to who it might be and what we could do to trap them. We've been searching the wrong end Aman! The goons are giving us no leads. This is a much better option."

"Arnav you're a genius man! I didn't even think of that!"

Arnav just smirked, "I'm always right. Anyways Aman, I want every single detail of Khushi's parents' lives within a week, ok?"