Chapter VI

-Dorian Klein's P.O.V-

As soon as Avery walked in the coffee shop I recognized her from the picture. She was looking for someone so I just started waiting for her to sit down. After she did, I saw how my co-worker Bryan rushed to take her order, but I pushed him back and made it to her and some girl with big red hair first.

I knew it was my chance to make a good first impression. Every single member of the club was going crazy trying to figure out the way they could get closer to Avery and eventually make her fall in love. I don't know if there was a single soul, who didn't want to win the bet.

As she ordered latte the idea came to my mind. Old Hollywood movies came in handy at the right moment. Note card under her coffee cup, what a better way to stay mysterious and intrigue her?

I grabbed the pen and wrote down a few lines I managed to remember from romantic books my sister used to read. She would always leave a couple of them all around the house. I crossed my fingers for this plan to work.

"Your smile made my day. Your eyes sparkle brighter than stars. Can we meet again?"

It was not half bad, but I could only hope that it will work. And it probably would have until Tyrell showed up. Guys never came here to my work place. They even ignored Joy-Joy existence. I didn't judge them for that, and right now I even would have paid them good money to stay away. I needed no competition.

But of course, someone had to show up. And that someone had to be Tyrell, my best friend out of all the guys. I was happy to see him for a second, until I realized that he appearing here meant that he will meet Avery too.

He won't waste a chance, that's for sure.

And I was right, just as I put the coffee cups on girls' table he dropped himself in to the chair next to them and started flirting right away. I wanted to kick him out immediately, but instead I just apologizing smiled towards Avery and walked away to get Tyrell's order.

I was coming back, when I noticed that Avery already had a note in her hand, she looked up right at that moment and our eyes met. I had to admit, it was two deep lakes sucking me inside, she had some magical stare or something, chills went down my spine.

-Avery McCoy's P.O.V-

The waiter that brought us our order smiled to from behind the counter shyly. I chuckled at turned to Sherry, she was eating Tyrell with her eyes. I sighted and grabbed her wrist.

"We should get going."

I pulled her out the coffee shop with note in my hand. I had to say, it impressed me, but I wasn't going to answer him right away and just put myself out there, I not always played hard to get and right now I wanted to do exactly that.

I was so caught up in my mind that I didn't notice how I bumped into someone coming right this way. I took few steps back so I wouldn't fall and had to let go of Sherry's hand so she wouldn't face the ground with me.

The guy in front of me rubbed his chest with a palm, I pointed my nose right at him. I wondered how it was still not broken and attached to my face.

"Can't you see where you're going?"

He asked in quite a rude tone and looked up. His eyes widened as he saw Sherry, but his jaw dropped as his sight reached me. Was there something wrong with me that he had to stare like that?

"I'm sorry, okay?"

I mumbled and was about to walk pass him with Sherry following me, but the waiter from earlier ran out the shop dragging my attention he was holding my purse, which, Oh My God, I left inside. I wanted to hug him, I couldn't believe I could have forgot it.

"Here."

"Thank you! You just saved my life!"

He chuckled and handed me the purse, I was about to walk away, but then a guy that I bumped into accidentally, grabbed my hand and stopped me. Sherry turned around immediately. My friend could be really scary if she wanted.

"What do you think you're doing?"

She walked to the guy, who was taller than her and obviously muscular. Besides, you could see that he had such a high level of confidence that it was written all over him. I tried to pull my wrist out of his hands, but he was holding it tight.

"Shut up you little red riding hood."

I gasped as he called Sherry that. Her face turned bright red, just like the name he gave to her and she pushed him back with all her force.

"May I remind you...?" She punched her one palm with her other hand formed as a fist. It was so obvious she just got extremely mad. "But the big bad wolf in the end of the story..." She leaned in closer to him and hair lips were almost touching his ear, at that moment he let go of my wrist but still seemed to be not intimidated. "...dies"

Sherry finished with a sweet smile. I rubbed my wrist it was sore. I cought with the corner of my eye, how the waiter from the coffee shop, who was already walking away suddenly turned around and it didn't slip through his eyes unnoticed that something was going on.

He sprinted to three of us and pushed the guy away from us. He glanced to check if we were okay and got back to the guy, who seemed to be surprised that someone dared to interrupt him before replying to the rude girl that thought she could scare him.

"Don't stick your nose in others' business."

The muscle-mountain threatened the waiter, but he didn't care. At all.

"Stay away from those girls or you'll have to visit some nearby hospital, of course if you're lucky enough to be alive after I'm done with you."

And I thought he was all sweet and fluffy. Ha ha, I guess my instinct was wrong, he seriously was fearless.

I hope you're still reading, it's just the start and there is way more to come!!! Don't forget to vote if you like the story and comment anything that is on your mind!!! Love ya ♥♥♥

theBabelle