Sirens and Angels

"So, what? This is The Fairly Odd Parents, and there's a rule book?" I asked her. This was insane. I'm not supposed to remember!

"No, darling. I had no idea how it would affect you. You and Deano must have something real special," she grinned. "So, let's go."

"Go where?" I ask her.

"To the bunker? Duh," she said, looking at me as if I'm the crazy one. "To get Dean back!"

"No," I reply quickly. "No, I can't go back. He probably wouldn't let me through the door. God, I must've hurt him so bad." I never meant to hurt him, I love him too much for that. It was just that my world ended when my family died, and I didn't know what to do with that.

"Oh, darling," Evangelina looked to me with pity.

"Stop calling me that, would ya?" I ask her, reaching to start my car.

"Where are we going?" She asks me.

"To hunt. Are you coming?"

With a worried look on her face, she nods. And so we headed off to the nearest diner.

"I don't understand why humans eat this stuff," she said, picking up a fry. I glared at her before looking back down at my computer, reading about a case.

"Maybe you should help the case instead of the fries," I bark at her. She looks up abruptly. "You found a case?"

"Yeah. It's real confusing though. Men are dropping dead all along the coast. Some are said to have drown, others just disappearing all together. I don't get it. Shifters don't act this way, or at least no shifter Dean ever taught me about," I mumble, my heart aching when his name leaves my lips. My eyes flutter close, and in my head, I see his face.

"I know what it is," Evangelina states. I give her a surprised glance. "Siren," she said kind of quietly.

"Those exist? I thought it was just a pirate tale," I reply.

"Oh, no. You have so much to learn still, darling," she says with a smile. "Siren's hibernate for years. They hardly ever come around, but just one of them can kill many men."

"How do you kill one?" I ask.

"With a bronze dagger dipped in the blood of one who is infected."

"So you have to know one to kill one? How are we going to manage that?" I ask.

Evangelina shrugs. "Well, I guess we should hit the road then," I mumble, closing my computer. Before long we were on the open road.

If I would've known things would've turned out this way, I wouldn't have left him to start with. My poor Winchester, did I break him? I was selfish, only wanting to see that things could only get better in New York. It doesn't seem to matter, though. I ended up crawling back into the hunter world.

What if Dean was fine?

Surely not, he begged me so much not to go. He loved me. Right?

"Hey, Eva," I say, catching her attention from the passenger seat. "You said that when you erased my memory, it couldn't erase my love for Dean."

"Mhm," she says, looking out the window.

"Well, would he have to love me back for that to be true?" I ask, trying to subtly get an answer to my question. Evangelina smiles knowingly.

"Darling, Dean loves you just as much, if not more, as you do him." I sigh with relief and lean back in my seat again.

A few hours later, we were driving around a town looking for a hotel that wasn't too expensive. "Why is everything do much higher on the coast?" My passenger asks me, her forehead wrinkling with confusion.

"Everybody comes to the coast to vacation," I reply. Eva nods, looking enthused by everything around her.

We found the cheapest place we could, which actually wasn't all that inexpensive. It was right next to the beach, just like a lot of the others. Eva stood at the window, looking out over the ocean. Has she even seen earth before?

Over the last few weeks, hunting has cluttered my car. So, I grabbed a trash bag and went to clean it out. I didn't really want to take the bag back into the room when I was finished, though. The dumpsters are out back, so I'll just take it out there.

Yet, as I was throwing the back into the container, I felt a sharp slice down my shoulder and then a wet sensation.

And the world faded away.