Chapter 9

Katherine and Clint had returned to the base after their little night away. As much as Katherine wanted to stay there, she would follow Clint anywhere. If he wanted to stay in S.H.I.E.L.D. well she was going to do the same thing until he was finally ready to leave. 

Also, she would never tell Clint or anyone besides maybe Bruce for that matter, but.... 
She has been having nightmares. They're mostly about death and destruction but also about her baby...their baby...and how he or she is the cause of it all. 

She feels all the pain and anxiety, she feels like she's slowly dying. She knew if she told Clint the truth that it would break him, that he would get himself killed trying to protect her and their child. Clint dying, that wasn't an option. She would do anything to keep him safe. 

"Kit Kat, were you listening?" Katherine snapped out of her thoughts as she looked up at Tony who was debriefing everyone on what to do. She causally shook her head, making Tony repeat the details of the mission they were currently on. 

Clint would have had Katherine sit this mission out considering she was with child but she didn't want to just sit around, she wanted to try and help. Plus, she didn't want to make anyone suspicious. Which is why right now they were on their way to another Hydra facility. They were to take it out, and look for anything out of the ordinary. 

While they were on their way, Katherine's mind was going to about ten different places. She kept on thinking about what would happen when she couldn't fight anymore, when she would have to step out for the baby.. What would happen if something happened to Clint and she was left all alone with the baby? What would she do if something happened to anyone? 

If she lost Clint, their baby, or anyone else.. 
It might actually kill her; she doesn't know if she could go on living if they were gone. The thought of her child dying before her, it scared her. She kept on thinking about what that freak told her about her baby, about how it's destined to destroy everything in it's path, how it's dark magic. 

She spent so many time trying to fight her own darkness, she doesn't know if she'll be able to keep fighting if her own child is destined for darkness. But she wasn't going to let anyone or anything hurt her child, she would do whatever it takes to protect the people she loves. 

By any means neccessary, even if it meant laying down her own life. 

"We're here!" She heard Steve yell while everyone started getting ready to disband. "Okay Thorne and Stark, you're up first. Get in there and take out their defenses so the rest of us can fight our way through." 

Katherine nodded her head, making sure her belt was tightened before walking towards the end of the jet, getting ready to jump down, but that's when Clint stopped her. She turned around and looked at him confused as he brought her into a kiss. She pulled away, smiling slightly before placing her hand on his cheek. "I'll be fine.. I promise."