Chapter 8

The sun was shining in through the curtains that were in their new room, and the warm feeling on her face from the sun is what made Katherine flutter her eyes open. Who knows how long they've been asleep for. Katherine hadn't been sleeping much lately, always having these nightmares whenever she closed her eyes so she jumped at the chance to finally be able to close her eyes. 

She looked up at Clint's face; he was still asleep and Katherine couldn't help but smile to herself at the love of her life. They were wrapped in each other's arms and it was like everything was picture perfect moment. 

until Clint's phone started ringing. 

Katherine and Clint both groaned before he turned over to answer his phone. She could hear the sounds of Fury asking for their location and requesting them to return to the base right away. The conversation seemed to be going on and on, and all Katherine wanted was time alone with Clint again before their returned to reality. 

That's when Katherine got an idea. 

She curled up to Clint's side, him wrapping an arm around her, as she started slowly placing kisses on his neck. Clint kept on trying to keep his focus on the phone call, much to Katherine's dismay. 

"just hang up..." Katherine giggled as she kept on kissing Clint's neck. He rolled his eyes slightly before doing exactly what she said and tossing the phone somewhere in the room. They kissed passionately while breaking in their new home.

Home.

That was a strange word to Katherine considering she never really had one to begin with. Home, to Katherine at least, is not a place where you rest your head every night, it's not a building or structure. It's a feeling, it's a person. Clint was her home now. Home was the feeling she felt whenever she looked at Clint or thought of him. It was the feeling she felt when she looked into his eyes.

Clint felt like coming home.

She had no idea of what the future held for her and her unborn child. Would it be light or dark? She couldn't really tell at this point but frankly laying there in Clint's arms were the only thing that mattered to her. She refused to get up out of bed and leave this place, partially because she enjoyed the moments they had together were they could act like normal people instead of people who risks their lives defending the earth as well as being an Avenger..