Chapter 6

These past couple of weeks were the best of her life. Katherine was happy, her and Clint were having a family, but there was still something on the back of her mind. It was the nightmares she was having. It was the fact that everytime she closed her eyes, she saw everyone she loves dead at her feet. It was the unearthing feeling she got and the way she could almost feel the blood of everyone she cares about soaking her feet. It was the fact that she hasn't been eating or sleeping, and how she feels like her baby is killing her. . . . . .

Despite some complications from her pregnancy, Katherine had managed to convince Clint to keep their little happy news between the two of them, well and Fury, because she didn't want anyone else finding out. If the wrong kind of people were to find out, then there was no telling what could happen.

Today:

Katherine was on her way to a training session with her favorite super soldier. Steve was to show Katherine a couple of defense moves, and also train with her. This was usually Katherine's favorite part of her week, well besides the parts she spends with Clint. She loved working out with Steve more than meditating with Bruce or working on computer stuff with Tony. Since Thor was off saving his own world, she didn't see much of him and the fact that she hated Natasha was enough reason to keep the two of them from ripping each other apart.

"Morning, Captain." Katherine smirked as she set down her gym bag on the floor, grabbing her gloves out of her bag and putting them on before they started their sparring match. "You ready to get your ass handed to you again?" Katherine joked.

Steve couldn't help but laugh along with Katherine before shaking his head. 

"Let's just hope you've been practicing Thorne." Steve joked before they started their little sparring match. 

With their equal amounts of strength, they were almost an even match for each other. If it wasn't for Katherine's special abilities, she and Cap would be the same level. But during her training with Steve, she refrains from using them. She wants to be able to still have her same level of training without her gifts. After what seemed like two hours of sparring, they took their usual morning runs. 

They always had a little race, each one beating the other every other day. 

Today it was Steve who had beat Katherine. 

"Don't smirk, you got lucky today." Katherine laughed while drinking some of her water. 

"You gotta be crazy to think that, that was luck." Steve joked back before looking over at Katherine, his look quickly changing to a sad look. Katherine could tell by the sudden look in his eyes that he was itching to tell her something, only a matter of time to see if he was going to finally ask it. "Mind me asking a question?"