As he pulls me up, he wraps his other arm around my waist, steadying me.

I smile gratefully, and we walk into the courtyard. Daniel keeps his hand on my waist, which I don't mind, because still feel uncoordinated from falling.

The courtyard is a good size, and we wander around a little while before sitting down on one of the benches.

"Amber, I'm really sor-"

"It's okay Daniel," I cut in. "I'm not hurt, and it's not your fault that I tripped."

"No, not about that. I'm sorry I was being a jerk a few days ago, when Tristan took to you the library. Tristan and I are good friends; I got jealous. I'll try not be rude and jealous, but I can't stop what I feel for you Amber.  You're amazing.  You've captured my heart and blown my mind in a short amount of time. Maybe I'm disgusting you with cheesiness, but I swear, I'm serious. I can't stop these feeling Amber."

He looks straight at me.  "You're beautiful."

I'm speechless.  I don't know what to say.  He almost sounded sincere, but saying I'm beautiful makes it sound like he only has these feeling because he like the way I look.

"Daniel," I start. "I-ah-I don't know what to say."

"It's okay Amber. You don't have to do anything."

So quickly that I don't even realize what's happening, he leans in and gives me a quick kiss on the lips.

"Ah," I stammer.  I'm at a loss for words.

We sit in silence for a while.  My mind is racing.

Daniel just kissed me!  What do I do?  There's a dance next week, there are two guys, what do I do? 

I want to scream.

+++

Later, Daniel takes my hand and leads me to the door.  It's nearly lunch time.  At least Tristan won't throw a fit about me being with Daniel.

I drop Daniel's hand, and then see Tristan coming down the hall.

"Hey Amber," he says with an easy smile.

"Hey," I say, returning the smile.

Daniel tenses up beside me.

I elbow him in the side.

"Hi," he says stiffly.

"What're you guys up to?" Tristan asks, politely, but genuine.

"I don't know. We were in the courtyard, and I'm not sure where we're going now."

Tristan nods. "I was just heading out to get some air, but everyone else is in the common room."

"Okay, thanks." I look to Daniel. "Let's head over there."

Daniel and I enter the bustling common room and head over to our friends.  Before we get over to their couches, I hear someone call me.

"Amber!  Come 'ere!"

I follow the voice to Mitchel and Kendra.

"Want to meet Greyson?" Mitchel asks me.

"It would have to be short," Kendra says, "but it's possible."

"I'd love to."  Just as the words leave my mouth, Daniel reappears at my side.

"There you are!  You just disappeared, I couldn't find you!" he exclaims.

"Who's this?"  Kendra asks me, a teasing smile on her face.

"Daniel, one of my friends."

Mitchel does the creepy suggestive eyebrow raise thing, and I laugh.  "No, not like that." 

"Not yet," Daniel says.  I blush, but am angry that he would say that.

"K, let's go," I say to Mitchel and Kendra.  "See ya later Daniel."

Daniel looks a little confused that I just left him, but I have a brother to meet.

Kendra and Mitchel lead me down a hallway. We take a right and enter a large, but empty, storage room.

"Mitchel?" A guy's voice asks. We step into the room. "Amber?"

A figure steps out of the shadows. He is tall and muscular, with blonde hair, and the same deep brown eyes that Ty and I share.

"Greyson?" I ask hesitantly.

He opens his arms and envelopes me in a hug.

"Amber, I can't believe you're here.  It's just.  Oh my gosh.  How were mom and dad?"

"Mom was really really sad, Dad was more accepting.  And Ty, he didn't really know what was going on."

"Ty?"

"Oh yeah, you left when I was four.  Sorry.  Ty is my-our little brother.  He's in kindergarten now."

Greyson look sad. "I missed you, baby sister, and even though I never would wish for you to leave our family, I'm glad you're with me."

I smile. "I'm glad I'm with you."

---

After beginning to catch up with Greyson, Kendra and Mitchel and I walk back to the common room. It was hard to find a time to see Greyson because apparently once you turn 21, everything's organized way differently.

When we walk into the common room, Tristan sees me and comes over.

"Wow Amber," Kendra smiles.  "Lots of admirers you have!"

"Hey Tristan.  What's up?"

"Not much.  Wanna hang out for a while?" 

"Of course," I answer with a smile.

"How do you feel about the library?"

I nod. Tristan smiles and with a grin, says, "Let's hope Daniel doesn't kill us this time."

"He better not, otherwise I'll never hang out with him again."

Tristan laughs and holds the door for me as we leave the common room. 

"Thanks," I smile. 

"Anytime."

---

Guys, I am so so sorry that I went like three weeks without an update. I'm also sorry that this is kind of short, but for me, that was the perfect place to end it.

Anyway, I promise I will update sooner next time.

Please comment and vote and make me super happy!

The dance is coming up, who's excited???

Love you amazing readers!!

Jen

PS Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Canadians!!🍁🍁🍁 (I know it's not til Monday, but whatever)