"Well..." River tried to think of an expansion, but she was afraid that Dick was like Ribin. A human lie detector. "As you know I'm a street kid, always have been. So imagine how I feel when I'm all of the sudden adopted my the richest guy in Gotham and brought to a fancy mansion with a butler and you."

"And me?" He smiled as sipped his glass of oj.

"Yeah, I went to clear my head. Now, I need to go collect my stuff. I don't trust the thieves of the city."

"Then let me come! I can help you carry the heavier things."

She thought for moment, she could use his help. But she also had that stupid end to tie, she could risk her new friend getting hurt.

"Sorry Dick, but I don't have a lot of things. See you later kay?"

"Um, ok. But what about break-" before he could finish, River kissed on the cheek. Grabbed his backpack ran out the door.

River walked down the streets of Gotham. As she walked, she couldn't help but think about what had happened at the mansion, she had kissed Dick.

'Well it wasn't an acual kiss, just a peek on the cheek!' She told herself, but the truth was. River didn't know what to think about him, was Dick a friend, enemy, or something? Before she had much of a chance to think about it. She arrived at her destination.

The Iceberg Lounge.

River made sure her sunglasses were on as she entered the club. She couldn't risk anyone know who is was, especially who she was going to see.

"Hello my dear!" A man sat across from a table full of food. "Care to join me for breakfast? You look famished!" River smiled, and obliged.

"Hey Penguin." River laid a napkin on her lap; They ate some eggs and waffles as the chatted about baseball and other things.

For a villain, River loved Penguin, he took her in and raised her after she had lost Rose; Of course she was careful of her identity, River had always put glasses on. But the crime lord took no notice, he help her control her anger. He totered River, feed her. Only thing she had to do in return was spy and steal for him.

"So deary, how have you been? I haven't seen you around here in a while."  Penguin asked as he laced his fingers, and rested his chin on them.

"I've been fine." River said as she sipped her sparkling water. "I have just been busy."

"Oh! Doing what?"

"Let's see..." River knew she could never tell him what she has really been doing. "Shoot, you know I'm bad at words! I've been doing many things."

"Ah, to busy to see an old friend." Then Penguin's second hand man whspiered something in his ear.

River ceased the opportunity to steal a croissant from the table. "Sorry about that." He apologized as he turned his atention back to River.

"Oh it's no problem. And I'm sorry I've seen you in so long, I-I" She knew just how to pull Penguin's heartstrings.

"Fine, my dear." He rested his hand in her arm. 'Perfect.'

"As mush as I've loved, and aprreated these past years-" River began to tear up, she wiped them away.

"I understand, it's your turn to move on." He said her, River held back a grin. Penguin had always been soft on her. Everytime he ever got anger at her. He would do something to make it up to River.

"You-you do?"

"Yes, I'll let you go. But be careful, once you leave my club. You will no longer have my protection. I will no longer have my people looking out for you; The world will much more dangerous." He advised, fiddling with his umbrella.

"I'm a big girl Penguin." River smiled at him. "I can take care of myself." She stood leave, and Penguin did the same. They walked to the door together, for old time's sake.

"Goodbye my little flower." Penguin whspiered as he pulled her into a hug.

"Goodbye Penguin." River pulled away before he could try anything. Penguin was right, from now on. Gotham was more dangerous than ever, that included him.

River drew her hoodie, and walked away, she jumped behind a connor. And ripped off a tracker Penguin had placed on her backpack. "So feeling loved." She threw it on the ground and progressed to her apartment.

As River strolled threw the city, picking pockets. She wasn't sure if she should be intimated, or proud.

Gotham seemed a lot bigger and darker now; but she loved it. River had always liked seeing thing the way there were, no Suger Coating, which made things like Santa, and the Tooth Fairy awkward in foster homes.

River came to a stop at a cross walked, as she looked for her next victim. A tall musclar man wearing a trench choat and a big floppy hat chaut her atention instantly. As she waited for her moment, every inch in side her told River this was very bad idea. But the thief couldn't resist, as the signal changed River made her move.

She quickly took her hand out of the man's pocket. As she was making her get away, the stolen wallet fell out of her hand and onto the ground.

"Crap." She turned as saw the man's eyes go wide. River did the only thing she could do, run like a bat out hell.

But unfortunately, the man followed. River did everything's she could of to loose him, but with no luck.

'He's like a freaking bloodhound!' She thought the man threw her against an ally wall.

"Give me my wallet." The guys voice was graspy, and threatening.

"I think we both know that this is about more than just a wallet." That's when River noticed his face, his eyes mostly. So cold so unloving.

"You!" River elbowed him in the throat, then kicked him in the legs knocking him on the wet ally floor.

"Finally, do you know the pain i went through to find you girl?!" Her attacker then drew his knives and jumped her.

After a while of fighting River was about to fainted. This guy was good, a little to good. But she knew if she showed her dweariness, she'd be dead. So she did the only could do, and she hated it. River disappeared into the shadows, leaving the monster of a man alone.