Chapter: 4

After River finished her shower, she rapped a fluffy white towel around herself and stepped out of the shower and into the bathroom. She thought it was odd how all of her favorite brands of soap was in the bathroom. How long has Batman been expecting her to join the team? And how did he know she liked these thing?

And that was when she found a nice outfit, and a pair of sunglasses on the counter; with a letter laying on top saying:

'Thought you might like to have something nice to wear for dinner :)'

"Please tell me Robin didn't put these here!" She said to herself.

After she was dressed, she blow-dried her hair, and put it in a messy ponytail. "Well you look nice!" Artimis commented as Shadow entered the kitchen. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a black tank top. Paired with a light weight crimson hoodie and matching colored high-tops. "Thanks." Shadow grumbled, the lights reflected off of her spy like sunglasses.

"Dinner's done!" Megan anounced, as very one took a set. Soon after, Robin joined them.

"Took you long enough!" Shadow snapped at Robin as he took a seat. "What were you doing?"

"Like I'm going to tell you!" He snapped back, with a demeaning grin; Shadow countered it with glare. Sure she couldn't tell if he could see it through her shades, but it made her feel better. "So, Shadow. Where are you from?" A chocolate skinned teen with silver eyes asked. Shadow identified him as Aqualad, Aquaman's protoshee.

"Um...." She hasitated. 'What should I tell them?!' "Gotham City." She decided. 'I'm technically not lying!'
"Huh, I've never seen you around before." Artimis thought aloud; she had changed in a casual look of dark straight leg pants, a white crop top and a brown leather jacket. Matched with some knee high brown heeled boots. "What school do you go to?"

"I'm homeschooled actually."

"Really? Awesome! Does your mom teach you or what?"

"I have a hired tutor." She  bit her tongue at the words. She couldn't risk the Team finding out her secret.

"If that's so," Robin commented, swallowing a bite of his jumbalaya. "Then why were you wearing ripped up cothes earlier. If you have a hired tutor, the shouldn't you have more expensive clothing?" He raised an eyebrow at her. "I like the style." Shadow muttered through her teeth, getting the boy wonder to laugh; that annoying laugh made Shadow want to rip her hair out.

"Okay!" The Ginger, Kid Flash clapped his hands getting everyone's attention. "Who's ready for dessert?"