Ch15 (The End)

Ch15

Bella pulled the Turkey out of the oven as Blakely poured cherries on a cherry cream cheese pie. Their family’s plane had just landed an hour ago and they were expecting everyone in just a few short minutes. Everything had to be perfect. Their parents were always worried about Bella as she was living so far away from home. Every time they visited her they made it a point to make sure she was taking care of herself, often asking her about her love life.

“How’s the turkey?” Blakely asked.

“Perfect.” Bella said as she inhaled the scent. Blakely had a lot of pressure on her shoulders as well. She had to keep her mouth shut about the adventures the girls had in the last 2 weeks. Just then the doorbell rang and the girls gasped as their hearts pounded in their ears.

“This is it.” Bella said as she flipped her hair. She rushed to the door and opened it to see her parents, Ryan and Melanie, her brother Braden and his wife Destiny and their daughter Jesse. “Hey!!” She exclaimed and hugged everyone as they all had big smiles on their faces. “Come in! Come in!” One by one, they walked in. That’s when she noticed the tall guy with black hair and blue eyes walk in behind them. “And who are you?” She asked politely.

“Sweety, this is Adam Johnson! He just moved in next door and had no plans for Christmas! So I invited him over here to meet you!” Ryan announced as he patted his back.

“Hi,” Adam smiled a white smile as he offered his hand. “I hope I’m not imposing.”

“Oh, no! Welcome!” Bella chimed as she shook his hand. “I’m Bella White!” She said as Blakely came up to introduce herself.

“And I’m Blakely, the middle child.” She giggled as Melanie looked around. The Christmas tree was up, decorations were put all around the room, and there was a wonderful scent that went through the whole house. “Bella, it smells delicious! And your place looks so festive!”

“Thanks mom!” Bella said as she shut the door. Her and Blakely stayed up late into the night before to put up all the decorations, because if they didn’t their mom would be utterly concerned. ‘Where are all the decorations? Are you working too hard?’ she would ask.

Bella went over to Destiny and Braden and gave them each a long hug. “It’s so nice to see you! I’ve missed you Braden!”

“I missed you too!” He said as he placed Jesse’s car seat down on the couch. “And someone wants to meet you!”

“Yay!” Bella cooed as she took tiny baby Jesse into her arms. “Oh, she’s so precious! Congratulations guys!”

“Thank you!” They said in unison. Just then the doorbell rang.

“I got it!” Blakely announced and opened the door. She let out an excited scream as Travis walked through the door. “Travis!!” She squealed and threw her arms around his neck. He let out a laugh.