Ch1

Ch1

     Bella White walked into the CIA, buttoning her black blazer and then running her fingers through her matted hair. Her alarm had gone off late and she only had 20 minutes to get dressed. She pushed the button to the elevator as she scrambled through her purse, looking for a hair band. To her luck, she found one. The doors to the elevator opened and she went in. As the doors shut, she pushed the button for sublevel 2. She then gathered her brown wavy hair and put it up in a neat pony tail. She dusted off her black close fit slacks, making sure she looked presentable. That’s when she realized her shoes were on the wrong feet.

      Quickly she switched her heels around as the doors opened. She saw two big guys waiting for her with amused expressions on their face.

“What?” She asked cynically.

The men just smirked. “Nothing.” They said in unison.

Agents Luke Lenox and Nick Carter have been Bella’s friends since they were in diapers, it could only be natural that the three would pick the same career.

“So what’s your excuse today?” Lenox said as they started to make their way to the briefing room.

“Oh come on! I do not have an excuse every day!”

“Sure you do, because you’re late every day!” Nick opened the door to the briefing room and let Bella walk in first.

“Nice of you to join us Ms. White.” Chief Newton said as he glared down at Bella. The Chief stood at 7 feet tall, a very intimidating man.

Bella smiled sheepishly. “Good morning Chief Newton.”

“What’s your excuse today?” he asked, placing a file on the long rectangular desk.

“My alarm didn’t go off.” She said as she looked down.

“I suggest getting a new alarm Ms. White. That’s the fourth time this week. Take your seat.” He said as Bella and the boys took their seats. The table was glass, and at each chair sat a touch screen TV for file viewing. The room was spacious, and the walls were windows except for the front wall that stood behind Chief Newton. The wall had a larger touch screen TV and a computer sat next to it.

“Late last night I received information from a source about a man named David Kennedy.” He stood behind the computer and uploaded a picture of David Kennedy on the screens. “He’s a New York police officer. He was last seen at a crime scene in downtown. Now we don’t normally handle missing persons cases, but under these circumstances… Detective David Kennedy was working privately on a case. Now, that case had something to do with this ancient artifact.” Another image appears on the screen.

“Whoa, what is that?” Nick said as he admired the old structure of the artifact.

“We have no clue! But it was designed by a man named Joseph Alhabi”

“Never heard of him.” Luke said.

“Doesn’t surprise me, he died in 1496. Based on Kennedy’s notes, he was such a genius that everybody thought he was crazy and had him put to death… Now, Kennedy was in possession of this artifact when he was taken, your job Ms. White is to find Kennedy and this artifact. The estimated time of when Kennedy was abducted was around 11 pm last night, and camera’s show the car leaving west. Lenox, I want you to gather as much surveillance as you can to find out where these guys went.”

“Yes sir.”

“Carter, you’re up.” Chief took his seat at the head of the table as Nick stood up. He held up a contact case.

“So, this may look like a normal contact case, but it’s not.” He pulled on a pair of gloves and opened one of the caps. He then pulled out a small blue object. “This little thing here, one touch with flesh can knock someone out, out cold!” Nick smiled, he was always so proud of his inventions.

Bella always got a kick out of his inventions, they always ended up saving her life and, or, being tested on Lenox. “Really?” Bella started, “I think I’d like to see it happen.”

Carter smirked as Lenox jumped up from his seat. “No! No way! I’m done being your guinea pig!”

“Aw, but you’re so good at it!” Bella teased. Carter chuckled and went on to his next invention. A quarter and a necklace.

“Now this, this is really cool. There’s a small button on this quarter, if activated and near a window it’ll send a supersonic sound wave through the windows and shatter them, but it’ll only activate when you push the button on the necklace, like so.” He pushed the button and suddenly a window shattered. He quickly pushed the button again and put it down, embarrassed. He looked at the Chief who had a tired look on his face.

“I’m so sorry…I didn’t know it was on.”

Lenox cleared his throat. “Well, now that we’re done looking at your toys, I think we all have work to do.” He walked out of the briefing room through the broken window. Chief exited the room.

“Clean this up Carter.” he ordered.

“Yes sir.” He looked at Bella with a hopeful expression. “You wanna help?”

Bella rolled her eyes and walked out.

Bella walked to her desk to see her phone ringing. She picked it up and answered. “White.”

A girly excited voice came through the speaker. “Heeeyyy!!”

Bella felt her excitement escalate and a big smile cross her face. “Blakely! Hey! What’s up?!” Bella was so excited to hear from her older sister. She hadn’t seen her in a year since last Christmas.

“Oh, nothing, I’m just in town. I thought I’d come by your work! Are you there?”

“What?! Oh, uh, no! I’m not at work. I’m just uh, hanging out with friends today.”

“Well, where are you?! Let’s meet up! I’m starving and could really go out for some breakfast!”

That’s when Bella felt the pit in her stomach growl at her. “Oh yeah, me too…um, meet you at Maggie’s Diner in 30 minutes?”

“Sure! Sounds great! See you then Boo!”

Bella groaned, “Blakely, I’m 24 years old, stop calling me Boo!”

“Never!” There was a click, and Blakely had hung up.

Bella let out a sigh and smiled as she put the phone on the receiver. Lenox walked up with a smile.

“Hey, who was that?”

“My sister, she’s in town.”

“Blakely’s in town!? Oh man, I gotta catch up with her!”

Bella rolled her eyes. “You know, it’s really disgusting! Blakely is 7 years older than us and you’ve always had the biggest crush on her.”

“What can I say? Your sister is hot.”

Bella rolled her eyes again. “Do you have anything on Kennedy?”

“All I can really say for sure is that they got on a plane to Mexico, but I haven’t got an exact location. But, hey, do you think Blakely would want to go out tonight?”

Bella gave him a look. “Don’t you have work to be doing?”

“Don’t you have an alarm clock to buy?”

“Goodbye Lenox!” She walked out.