Ch11

Ch11

As Bella approached the hallway to Karnevick’s room she pressed the com in her ear to turn it on. “Can you hear me Lenox?”

“Loud and clear.” He whispered as he walked through the dining cart.

“I’ve got his henchmen in sight, how ‘bout you?”

“Karnevick is in sight. You think you can spot me some money for a poker game?”

“Whatever gets the job done slick…Alright, I’m going in.” She turned the corner and started walking by the big guys dressed in black. As she passed them she tripped over her foot and fell. “Oh shoot!” She exclaimed. The guys stood still, not amused or concerned.

“Dang it!” She complained. “My contact fell out! Crap! Sir, can you help me look for my contact?”

A loud sigh came from the man on the left as he bent down to help look with her.

“Thank you so much!” She said.

“Is it a colored contact or clear?” He asked in a thick Russian accent.

“It’s clear.” She stated. When she knew he was distracted, she used that moment to attack. With a large amount of force, she back handed him hard across the face. She stood quickly as he faltered and the other guy with the sunglasses and goatee approached her. He quickly pulled out his gun and pointed it at her. Bella jumped and kicked the gun away, as she spun her momentum brought her other leg around and kicked him in the face, knocking him over. She landed on her feet and picked up his gun as the other man stood. He took out a blade and went for a solid jab.

Bella blocked his knife with her arm and placed the barrel of the gun to his stomach. A loud clap of thunder rippled through the private hall of the train. She heard the grunt of the man as he fell to his knees. She turned around to see ‘Shades’ standing behind her. Suddenly his fist crashed into her jaw. Bella fell backwards, dropping the gun. He stood above her with the gun in his hand, pointing it at her head. Bella brought her foot up between his legs. He let out a harsh groan as he went to his knees.

Bella threw her body back, then with the momentum she had, threw her body forward into a standing position. She kneed him once in the nose then pushed him over to grovel on the ground. Bella took the handcuffs from her backpack and cuffed his hands together to the railing on the wall. With one blow to his face, he was knocked unconscious. She let out a breath of relief as she searched his coat for a key. There was none. She looked at the guy bleeding out and sighed. She went over to him and kneeled as she took the key from his belt. As she looked into his vacant brown eyes she silently cursed her job and proceeded to unlock the door.

It didn’t take her long to find the clock as it was sitting on the desk under a few lights and magnifying glass. She tucked the clock away in her backpack.

“Lenox, I got the clock. Meet me back in the room.” She said and started walking out. As she exited the room with the bag in her hand she felt a fist crash into her nose. She fell back as she watched Lola run away with the bag.

“UGH!” She yelled out as she ran after Lola. As she ran through the halls she saw Blakely walking around. “GO BACK TO THE ROOM!!” She demanded as she zoomed passed her.

Bella and Lola ran into the luggage cart. Lola turned to her.

 “Give it up Lola, you’ve got nowhere to go!” Bella warned as she approached her.

Lola brought her fist around to her but it was deflected by Bella’s hand. Bella brought her knee up into her stomach, snatched the bag, back handed her then shoved her against the wall. She turned to place the bag on a suitcase. As she turned around Lola tackled her to the ground, trying to get a good punch but each hit was deflected by Bella’s hands.

Bella shoved her off of her and stood up. She threw a kick at her but it was deflected. Lola threw her against the wall. In order to keep herself from falling to the floor she grabbed ahold of a lever that opened the cart door. “Whoa!!” She shouted as the wind blew vigorously around them. A smirk came across Lola’s face. She approached Bella and threw a punch.

Bella knew her life was on the line, she dodged every punch and kick Lola threw but it wasn’t enough to get her away from the opening. She went for a shot and threw a punch at her throat, but it was deflected and Lola shoved her out. Bella quickly grabbed ahold of a rope that strapped the luggage in.

“Lenox!!” She screamed into the com. “I could really use some help here!!” She looked down at the water the train was going over then looked back up to see the barrel of a gun pointed at her.

Lola smiled and cocked the gun. A loud roll of thunder ricocheted off the mountains as Bella’s eyes clamped shut. After 2 seconds, she realized she was still hanging onto the rope. Her eyes opened and she saw Blakely standing in the cart, gun pointed and her eyes wide open.

“Blakely! Oh my god Blakely!!”

“I-I.” She stuttered, shocked.

“Blakely, help me!”

“I just shot someone!!” She exclaimed.

“Yes, yes you did! Now help me!”

“Oh my god I just shot someone!” She exclaimed as she dropped the gun.

“BLAKELY!!!!!”

Blakely looked at her and ran over to her. She grabbed her hands and pulled her into the cart.

“Oh thank God you didn’t listen to me!!” Bella shouted as she hugged her sister tightly. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!!”

Just then Luke barged in. “What’s going on!?” He asked, alarmed.

“Blakely just shot and killed Lola!”

“Whoa, seriously?!”

“It’s not something to be proud of!!” Blakely shouted as Luke shut the cart door.

“Blakely, you just saved my life! I would be dead right now if it weren’t for you!”

Blakely sighed as Bella wrapped her arms around her again.

“Come on, let’s get back to the room.” She said and grabbed the bag. “Get some rest before we get to Moscow.”

“Yeah…” Luke agreed as Blakely walked out of the cart alone. She was still upset about what she did. It would take her a while to get out of the mood.

Bella picked up the gun Blakely dropped and looked at Luke. “What’s wrong?”

“You just scared me when you started screaming for help… I heard the gun shot in my com, I thought you were a goner.”

Bella smiled softly and patted him on the shoulder. “Now don’t go getting mushy on me Luke.” She giggled. “How much do I owe you for poker with Karnevick?”

“Nothing, you don’t owe me anything… Come on, let’s get back.” He took the bag from her and slung it over his shoulder as he placed his hand on the small of her back. “You’re okay though?”

“Yeah, my face just hurts a little.” She paused for Luke to make a stupid joke, but he didn’t. “What, no stupid joke?”

Luke shook his head. “Not today.” He said solemnly as they walked back to the rooms.