Ch9

Ch9

Bella walked through the party once more and up to Blakely. “Good, so you can stay in one place.”

“Hey, I’m not that bad.”

“Whatever floats your boat.”

“So what happened?”

Bella looked at Blakely. “Blakely, do you really wanna know what happened?”

Blakely paused to think about it before she shook her head no. “Probably best that I don’t.”

“Probably.” Bella smiled. She looked around to see if the clock had been placed yet. “Has the clock been placed yet?”

“No. Is that what all this is about? A clock?”

“Remember, everything isn’t always what it-…” She paused.

“What? What’s wrong?”

“…Lenox.” Bella began talking to the com again. “Lola Lopez is here.” She said as she made eye contact with the blonde with blue eyes. Lola gave her a wink before she vanished through a room. “Blakely stay here.” She demanded and started going after Lola.

“Can you handle her?” Luke asked as he approached the door.

“Do you know me?” Bella went through the door to see a long hallway but no sign of Lola. But, there was a crate at the end of the hallway. She rushed to it and saw that it was locked. Bella took out her kit from the garter and took out two sharp objects and began poking around the lock. It shortly unlocked and Bella opened the crate to see the clock. She smirked, proud of herself. She picked it up and turned around. That’s when Lola’s fist came around.

Bella quickly dodged it and threw her own punch. She put the clock back in the crate and threw a high kick at Lola, who blocked it with her arm. Lola grabbed her leg and spun her off the ground, then forcefully slammed her back to the ground. It knocked the air out of Bella for a split second, but that was all the time Lola needed to swipe the clock. As Lola headed back for the door, Bella kicked her feet out from under her. The clock went flying into the air. As Bella stood up she took her gun from the garter and caught the clock. She stood above Lola, gun aimed at her head.

“Nice try, you’ll just have to be a bit quicker next time.”

Lola laughed her cocky laugh. “Sweetheart, when will you learn? I’m the bad guy.” She smirked.

Bella looked at her in confusion, that’s when she felt an iron fist crash into the back of her head.