Chapter 25

~ The next day ~

It was 7 am and I had school, Lord help me now. I woke up to the sound of Alice and Georgia debating on whether to ditch. Tbh, Id rather go to school because it would get my mind off everything.

"Can you be quiet please?" I yelled at them both burying my head under my pillow.

"Sorry but do you wanna ditch, or go to school?" Alice asked.

"As much as I hate to say it, id rather go to school" I said, chuckling slightly. They both looked at me weirdly as I went to get ready for school.

--------------------------------------

We arrived at the school as soon as the bell went, so we all rushed to our different classes. First class; music. I walked in the room with all eyes on me as I sat in my seat. I then realised I would be sitting on my own for the rest of the year.

"Good morning class, before we get started, I would jus like to introduce you to our new student, Shawn Mendes." As shawn waved to the class shyly, I realised Ashton's sat was the only spot free, I really didn't want anyone sitting by me, especially with the mood im in. I swear to god if Mr Elliot sits him by me, I will die.

"Ahh, Shawn, you can sit by Charlie, the beautiful student by the window." Mr Elliot said. I immediately sat down thinking about how creepy the teacher sounded when he said that. I turned my head to see Shawn sitting next to me. Wow, he was actually pretty cut. No, shut up Charlie, you still have a boyfriend remember. My mind argued.

"Hi, I'm Shawn." He smiled, showing his perfect white teeth.

"Hello, I'm Charlie." I smiled back.

"Ahh so you're british." He smirked slightly. Okay, wow.

"And you're Candian?" I questioned hoping I didn't offend him with the wrong country. Luckily, he nodded his head.

"So, you just moved here?" I asked as he nodded again.

"What about you?" He asked back.

"Im doing an exchange with some of my friends." I smiled. He nodded and we both got on with our work at the piano. Our project for music this week was songwriting. I hope Shawn's good because I have no ideas. He picked up the guitar and went to talk to the teacher. He then walked back at me and asked me if I could show him where the practice room was. I stood out of my chair and took him to the one with the piano and guitars.

"So, since your my partner, wanna work on a song?" I asked him.

"Actually, I alright have a song I wrote ages ago, I think it could work, and it save us doing all the extra work." He smiled tuning the guitar. I nodded my head to hi impression. Shawn seems like a really genuine guy, I can tell we're gonna be good friends.

"Okay then lets hear it." I smirked at him. He sat down holding his guitar and started singing

"Time up in the middle of a daydream,

Call you up cause the time is wasted,

Let's drive we got nowhere to go.

Fear not yeah welcome to the jungle,

Think fast move quick don't stumble,

We cant do this alone.

Where do we go? We don't know,

Follow the wind whre it blows,

 Lets make mistakes and don't look back,

Its now or never.

One of those nights,

We felt invincible,

And every glass was full,

One of those nights.

One of those nights,

Dancing in the stars.

Thought that the world was ours,

One of those nights." He stopped there and looked up at me. I was speechless, this guy was an amazing singer. He then handed me the sheet with lyrics and told me to sing the next verse. I nodded shyly, not feeling confident and he started playing again, so I started singing,

"We're young living with no fear,

Kids running girls crying drunk tears,

We don't have this time for long.

Yeah we make big plans spending all our change,

Cut up in the night oh we missed the last train,

It's our time and we're leaving home.

Where do we go? We don't know,

Follow the wind where it blows,

 Lets make mistakes and don't look back,

Its now or never." We then both sang the chorus together,

"One of those night,

We felt invincible,

And every glass was full,

One of those nights.

One of those nights,

Dancing in the stars,

Thought that the world was ours,

One of those nights." We then both stopped singing and looked at eachother. Ive known this boy for about 10 minutes but I think I might be falling for him. No Charlie don't think like that, You are still dating Ashton. I argued with my mind for about 5 minutes until I was interrupted by Shawn.

"So you don't like it huh?" I chuckled lightly.

"No of course I do, I was just thinking about something. The song was great, and you are an amazing singer." I smiled. He truly is though.

"Thank you, but you're just as good." He laughed.

"Thanks but you definitely win." We both laughed as we then decided we should head back to class. I feel like Shawn and I would be really good friends.