Excerpt #14

I don't want to be the friend that gets left behind. The friend that you eventually stop talking to after high school starts. The friend that you stop thinking about because you became cool and they didn't, and you didn't mean to leave them behind but you also didn't want to get left behind by these new people either. I don't want to be the person who stuck by their friends through everything, but got left behind because they would rather not go out and get drunk all the time. I don't want to be thrown away until you need something and you come to me for help, just to be thrown back in the corner to collect dust after you have what you need. I don't want to be the friend that gets pushed away because you would rather spend time with your girlfriend. I don't to be the friend that no longer gets a text on their birthday because you've forgotten about it. I don't want to be that friend, but I think you've already decided I am...by the way, happy birthday me.    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading!!!! 

It's Monday and I had school and I'm so tired and I have so much homework and I don't want to do any of it...ugh

Well see you on Thursday!

-Mary