Episode 11- Redeeming Kills

"I have fallen to the darkest depths of Hell and now I will walk through the flames until I can receive my redemption." ~ Cerberous10

The man's dark gaze glowered from the shadows as he followed his prey; the man walking down the street hadn't noticed him or his team so far. He motioned at the red head across the street to close in only to see his second in command was gone. With a frown he glanced around and noticed all of his team seemed to be missing, unease stirred in him but he continued forward.

A rough grip pulled him back right before he could take out his gun. When he glanced back he found an emerald gaze burning into his skull. "Who do you think you are? Let go of me!"

"Shut up!" The woman hissed, dragging him farther from his quarry. "I should gut you right now."

"I'm the one with a gun." He shoved her back and aimed it at her.

She pulled out a matching handgun and gave him a challenging stare. "Put the gun down or I will put this bullet through your head."

"Why? What have I done wrong?" He smirked. "Do you even know what that man is? He deserves what I was going to do."

"Oh really? Care to inform me on what he is?" The woman asked, giving him a curious look.

"None of your business that's who!" He backed away with the gun still aimed at her heart. "You never saw me."

He started to turn away when he was spun around and slammed into the wall. "I know why. Your people seem to spout information like a waterfall when a gun is pressed against their chest. That's an immortal, you and your friends want to see what makes him tick."

The teen scowled, he'd take care of them later. "...Well, go ahead, take me in... or kill me. I don't care."

"No, I won't kill you yet." She declared, much to his surprise, which he hid well. "I'm offering to take his place."

"Why should we believe that you are anything like him?" He challenged, eying the woman cautiously... it had to be a trick.

The woman put her gun away with a grin. "Check your little record book. I'll be in it... If you don't believe me just pull the trigger and I'll prove it."

He gazed at her for a few more moments before motioning for her to go. "Let's go check the 'record book' then."

*****

Henry was in constant pain it seemed as he lay there in the pristine hospital room with monitors attached to his arms. Most of the time his only company was Abe or Jo, though at the moment both were away... it was too early for them to visit. With a tired sigh he closed his eyes and tried to ignore the pain and go back to sleep, considering it was the only thing he could do other than watch brain killing television. Eventually he had started drifting off until a small breeze wafted into the room as the door was opened.

Faint sounds of footsteps fell on his ears but he tried blocking it out until a voice spoke. "Henry Morgan, what have you gotten yourself into?"

He blinked awake once more to look up at Adam. He had nothing to say to the other immortal; in fact Henry still couldn't quite say why he had saved Adam. Had it just been to hide their affliction? Why risk his own secret to save Adam's? The thoughts made his skull throb.

"Here I thought you hated me." Adam continued, slipping into the seat beside the bed as he spoke. "But you still shouldn't have saved me."