Episode 8- Wolves of Memories

"Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack" ~Unknown

Henry found himself knocking on Jaylyn's door during a morning mist of rain, she had asked him to stop by a day before saying there was something important, he really hoped there was because he didn't like how creepy this street was looking as fog began to form. He even jumped as she opened the door, though she didn't seem to notice as she let him inside.

"Follow me." She said, leading him past the front rooms.

He glanced around at the cluttered house, weapons and paper were strewn everywhere and it only seemed to get worse the farther in they went, though Jaylyn didn't seem to notice as she walked easily among the mess. Occasionally he swore he saw bullet holes and dried blood on the wall and he tried not to let his unease show. She brushed a door open ahead of him before stepping inside and moving to allow him in as well, He glanced around the nicely sized bedroom before finding an uncluttered spot to stand. How she was able to move around he couldn't guess, this room was even chaotic than the rest of the house, the bed even had weapons and books covering it.

Jaylyn grimaced. "Sorry, I've been doing a lot of research... and training with a friend, they've kind of crashed here too."

"From the club?" Henry could already guess.

"Yes, it started when I was curing his fear of fire... Something I could've helped Evan with if he didn't think I was dead... Then again I don't think I have room for a third roommate." He could tell she was stalling, the more the seconds ticked by the more nervous she seemed to get.

"Is something wrong? You said there was something important." She flinched a bit as he spoke.

Jaylyn nodded. "Right, hold on let me find it. Did you bring the bullets?"

Henry took out the ammo. "You don't plan on shooting me do you?"

He watched her bring out his gun, which had been buried under a mountain of other weapons after she'd picked it up from his place. "No, of course not. We already know that doesn't work."

"You're testing it though, otherwise you wouldn't need bullets."

"I'm thinking about it." She loaded the old weapon. "But not today."

"You think it will kill Adam?"

"I don't know Henry." She had a hint of frustration in her voice as she sat the gun down and looked over at him, something was definitely wrong, made more obvious by the fact she changed the subject. "Has Jo finally stopped beating herself up over the failure to save me?"

"Yes, as far as I've noticed. I'm making sure she doesn't think about it too much." Henry stepped forward. "Is someone going to hurt her?"

Jaylyn's expression changed, her emerald eyes glittered dimly and she refused to meet his eyes. Worry crept through him for a moment before she finally answered, though what she said wasn't very reassuring. "Henry, what I'm about to tell you... don't think I'm a bad person. I did what I had to... I always have."

"Who's going to hurt her?" Henry demanded, grabbing her arm before she could move away.

"No one is going to hurt Jo..." He could feel her pulse racing through her wrist as thoughts conflicted her next sentence. "But... Henry don't hate me please... I had to choose..."