Chapter Twenty Two: The Game Plan

''What were you doing at this residence Ms. Hinz?'' The investigator asked as I stared at the wall. Marley was asleep in my lap and the room was dead silent until the investigator repeated the question once more pulling me from my trance. I replied with a ''My friend called me.. to come see her... the next thing I knew I found her body.'' My tone was rather bland. I think I was still in shock from the whole situation. That and I just had to add another lie to top if the never ending list , I think I have finally became good at it for once. That and the fact that Ben had set all of this up so I could yet again have an easy way out just like when Jeff had killed Oliver.  How did he cover it up this time? Well Ben had to compel a cop to tell him that I wasn't the killer and the killer escaped. While I was left to be investigated Ben would get rid of Jeff for the time being and take him far from the crime scene. He also had to cover up his tracks and finger print so that when the detectives went to check the dna results they would be inconclusive. All I had to do was make a story out of it. A story about how I couldn't save my bestfriend who was kidnapped and assaulted and now we have to bury her. She might even make it on the list of people who have been found dead in town on the tv. Melanie's famous now. Just like anybody else who fell at the hands of Jeffrey Allen Woods.

''Ms. Hinz do I need to repeat the question again? Are you feeling alright?'' I blinked my eyes , I had stared off into space for a second time and my hand was starting to shake slightly as I held it between my legs where Marley took up her sleep. ''Uh yes sorry ..'' I whispered my glasses beginning to fall off my face as I looked down quietly. ''Did you happen to see her anytime before her disappearance?'' 

''No mam.''

''Alright, well what about the house part? Why do you think they took her to a house that wasn't yours to begin with.''

''We were planning on buying the house after graduating college, maybe the person who hurt her was close.''

''Do you know of anyone who could have done it?'' Jeff.

''No mam.''

''Are you lying?'' Yes.

''No mam.''

''Do you have anymore to say Ms. Hinz?'' Yes,yes I did.

''No mam.'' It was like I was a robot. Senseless and unemotional. 

I think the interrogator got the memo because she just sighed and began writing on her board before she stood up and ripped a piece of paper from her clipboard. ''Look I know you've been through a lot especially in this situation so I just hope this could help we will call you if we get any more suspects or information. Please get some rest Ms. Hinz.''  I looked up as she handed me the ripped piece of paper and then I responded by nodding and picking up Marley taking her into my arms as I found myself being escorted out of there. As soon as I got into the hallway there were faces upon faces staring at me. I could feel the everyone's eyes as I huffed to myself and held Marley close as I rushed through the sea of people and out of the police department doors. The endless sea of people was swarming outside with police officers having to push them back so I could make my way through them and into my car. All of their voices echoed ,but I couldn't listen my mind was racing to much. There were some rambling on about how I should demand immediate justice for my friends death or that it was wrong of me to let the killer get away. Some were asking if I had any idea who might have murdered her but of course I never said one word. Event though I knew all of the story. This was a stupid idea and I know it, but I couldn't tell them who it was that did this I couldn't even tell myself who it was but of course I knew I'd have to face it sooner or later. 

As soon as I reached my car I felt this wave of sickness and emotions rain down on me after I laid Marley down. My hands trembled as I grabbed onto the wheel and tears poured from my cheeks like rain from the clouds. I growled lowly to myself and punched the car window repeatedly until I couldn't feel my hand any longer and I was only consumed by tears.  I felt my stomach slowly before punching the window again and this time it was hard enough to cause a crack in the window. In my fit of rage I almost forgot that Marley was just asleep in the backseat. I quickly glanced back at her noticing she was still asleep which slightly calmed me. When I turned back to look infront of me I suddenly seen a patch of green in the seat next to me. I didn't hesitate to punch at the patch as I turned towards who it was. ''Get the hell out!'' I yelled before quickly realizing that it was Ben I had punched.