Chapter Six: The First

3rd Person POV:

"Shizuko." She heard a voice behind her.

Shizuko turned around to see Saito. "Hey, Saito-kun!" She said cheerily. "What's up?"

"Nothing. What are you doing?" He said.

"Just feeding Momo." She said and turned back around to the cat.

"Hey Shizuko, do you want to go on petrol with me later?" He asked.

Shizuko looked up at him and gave him an adorable closed-eye smile. "Of course!"

Saito felt something clutch his chest tightly. It didn't feel painful, it felt... soothing in a way. He smiled back at her. (*wink wink* tell me when to make them kiss! I'm not sure when but comment when it should!* "I will see you later then." He said then got up and left.

Shizuko felt somewhat sad and disappointed. Is it because he left? Am I.....falling for him...?

_________

She and Chizuru parted ways so that asking around could become easier and quicker. Shizuko was walking with Saito and some other Shinsengumi members-as a male-as they traveled through the city.

After asking everyone she passes, Shizuko gave up, knowing that no one knew where her adoptive father was. She took the rest of the patrol time looking at Saito. Why does a mere human man like him interest an Oni like myself? "Is it the hair...?" She mumbled, but Saito seemed to hear and stopped.

"What?" He asked.

"What, what?" Shizuko retorted.

"You said something about my hair..." He said. "Is it bad?" He stroked his locks within his fingers.

Shizuko began to laugh lightly. "No no! It's nothing! I swear I meant nothing by it! Nothing mean."

"What did you mean then?" He asked.

"It's really nice, is all." She said and walked ahead.

Saito looked at her back and a light pink dusted his cheeks. She-She complimented me. Why do I care? Do I...like her? He asked himself.

Shizuko saw a small shop at the side of the road that had beautiful glass orbs with painted figures and flowers on it. "Saito-kun~ Let's go over there!" She shouted and drug him by the arm.

"K-K-K-KAWAII!" She sung as she examined the glass orbs carefully. She grabbed two-one that had a pink Sakura flower on it and another with a purple lily painted on it. She paid the man and they both noticed that it was getting slightly dark out, so people were walking into homes or inns at this time.

"Saito-kun, here." She handed him the glass with the purple lily.

"Thank you, Shizuko-chan." He said and took the orb from her hand gingerly, their hands brushing each other's. Saito stopped his hands from moving and kept them atop of hers.

Shizuko blushed when she realized that he was staring at her. Slowly, but surely, their faces moved forward bit by bit until they were just an inch apart from each others.

Sealing the deal Shizuko willed herself to move forward and seal they lips together in a calm yet gentle kiss. (A/N lips do not move during anime kisses. Just so u no. Don't make it more uncomfortable for me, bruh) Placing her hands around Saito's neck she pulled him closer, as did when Saito pulled her into his chest from her waist.

"I was wondering where you two went." A voice said in an obviously amused tone.

The stopped and looked to the side to see the one and only, Okita Souji. What was I thinking?! A human, yet so.... Different. Why must he appeal to me? Shizuko asked herself ad let go of his neck and moved away from him with an intense blush lighting her face.

"Come along love birds~ Everyone is waiting on you!" Okita said and walked off down the road.

Realization crossed Shizuko's features and she grabbed Saito's hand an dragged him back to the Shinsengumi headquarters. Still hating the Shinsengumi and going strong. Shizuko reminded herself.

_____

Sorry I haven't been updating. I have been working on my other story. SWORRRRYY