Chapter Two: Return to Kyoto

Shizuko POV:

Chizuru woke up the next day. "Wha-What happened?" She asked groggily.

"I got you out of there! It was fun!" I said pointing at my chest with my thumb, smiling. I changed back into my normal clothes and left my weapons where they were on my body. I put my black clothes in a leather bag I bought, a while ago.

"H-How?!" She said jumping up.

"I'm your sister." I said crossing my legs. "Trust me. I'd do anything to same my dear sister."

She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you!"

"No problem! But then again... We have to go back and search for dad. And now it's going to be harder! We have to try not to get caught." I said letting go of the hug, sighing.

"Ya. It's going to be hard. When are we going back?" She asked me.

"Today. We have no time to waste." I said. She nodded in agreement and stood up with me. We packed out things and got ready. I put my two long swords on my back, crossing them so they look like an 'x'. I then put my short sword on my waist and my knives and shuriken in my sleeves and pants. I still don't wear shoes. Too uncomfortable. Even in the winter.

I yawned stretching. "Let's go."

"Yep." Chizuru answered. We headed out of the room and went downstairs. I thanked the innkeeper and went outside with Chizuru. We were first hit with a gust of cold wind. My feet didn't even feel the cold. They're used to any temperature.

We walked around looking in buildings and asking around for Father. It was already dark out. Probably midnight. We were walking back, Chizuru was tired an it was so obvious.

"Let's take a break." I said. She nodded in agreement. We sat down on a bench in front of a restaurant. Everyone was already in their homes and the shops were all closed.

I looked over at Chizuru and she was sweating. I pulled a cloth out and handed it to her. She took it gratefully and wiped he head. She began to silently cry. I rubbed her back and pulled her close so she could lean on my shoulder.

"Why?" She said barely a whisper. "Why can't we find him? What if something happened to him?" She cried.

I pulled her into my chest in a hug. "It's okay. We'll find him. I know we will!" I said comforting her.

She hugged me. Then I felt something. I knew it was a fury. And it was coming this way! I grabbed Chizuru's hand and ran the opposite direction. She looked confused until she heard mad laughter. She looked afraid and ran faster.

"Keep running Chizuru! Don't stop!" I said and continued to pull her and. I looked back and saw a fury chasing is holding a blade. I turned a corner and went into an alleyway.

I hid with Chizuru behind a box. I head it approaching out way. I ran out and took out one of my blades. I stabbed it right in the heart and it went down, clutching it's chest. I wiped the blood off my blade on its clothing. When humans dink the Water Of Life they will lose their humanity to the thirst for blood. It's disgusting.

I went to Chizuru and helped her up. I hugged her and she hugged back. I turned back to the body and saw a Shinsengumi over its body. "You killed him." He said quietly.

I looked at him with only one emotion in my eyes. Excitement. "Ya I did. It was fun." I said smiling. Chizuru looked at me like I was crazy so did the other guy.

He looked at Chizuru then gasped. "Hey! You're that kid!" He shouted, alerting any others that were in the area. Soon Hijikata and Saito came with others.