This dissenter dude was in my apartment complex last night.

He had found a wolf. Caden didn't get there on time. A wolf was killed last night; and Caden was worked up about it.

I was starting to be grateful about my intuition. It saved my life. I could have been dead meat by now if I didn't flee the scene when I had.

Caden must have been really boring because somewhere in the middle of his story I fell asleep. Next thing I knew there was bright sunshine shining through my window. Glad that I had gotten a good couple hour of sleep, I got up.

My feet followed the voices untill I ended up at a part of the building that resembled a living room. Caden was sprawled out on one of the couches. Throwing an apple in the air before catching and throwing it back up again. He was accompanied by a guy I had yet to meet.

The guy had the darkest mesmerizing skin.
I was willing to bet he was a wolf. Everyone who was around Caden seemed to be.

"Morning." The mystery guy offered a polite smile which I returned.

"Morning." I replied. Unlike the other guy on the couch I had some manners.

"Sleep well?" Caden didn't look at me when the words escaped his mouth. But his expression conveyed an undertone of a hidden message. A teasing smile on his lips. He was referring to me falling asleep on him; making fun of me.

"Very well actually, alpha." I made my way over to the couch where he was sitting on. Pushing off his legs so I had space to sit.

He almost fell off the couch.

Mystery guy went "Oh". Caden glared. I made myself comfortable.

"You must be part of the pack." I stated looking at the other man in the room. Wanting to know more about him.

"You must be our newest member. Welcome to the pack, Nickolina. I'm Deon." He seemed like a very sophisticated guy; wearing a sophisticated white blouse. He had great posture too. His whole being screamed cultured and classy.

Unlike the grumpy moron beside me.
"What's got you so worked up, Chief?" A woman stepped into the room, a little girl on her hip. The toddler clung tightly to who I assumed was her mother. They looked so alike.

The question was directed at the man beside me. Yet her eyes narrowed when they landed on my face. She didn't give him time to answer. With a look of supremacy, she spoke as if I wasn't here. "Who is she?"

"Batman." Was my immediate response.

She didn't seem to like my answer.

Aren't I great at first impressions?

"This sarcastic batman here, would be Nickolina." Caden introduced me. A look of familiarity took over the woman's face.

Did everyone know me around here?

I don't know what exactly she was told on my behalf, but she started to look at me differently as soon as I was presented. As if seeing me from another light.

Deon let me know that they were in fact a mother daughter pair. The sassy lady went by the name Rosa. Her daughter, who had the chubbiest feet, was Zophia. She was currently half snooping half drooling on her mother.

Rosa and her daughter didn't stay for long as the latter was starting to nag.

I wasn't complaining.

Rosa seemed like a pain in the ass and I didn't like children either. They were ever so cute until they came into your 3-meter radius. That's when they got dangerous.