XVII : Lucky

I silently walked up the stairs of Jimin's house. The second floor was quiet and the lights were turned off. After walking for another few steps, here I was, in front of Jimin's room. I positioned my hand on Jimin's door handle, it felt cold and dewy. I remembered about what happened the last time I opened the door. I shook my head and tried getting rid of the memory.

No, that wouldn't happen again. Jimin said himself that I'm supposed to wake him up this morning, right?

I took a long breath and clicked the handle open.
The lights were off, like that day.

"Jimin?"

There was no answer, like that day.

I walked towards the bed.
Jimin was not on the bed, like that day.

The bathroom lights were on, like that day.

The sound of running water was audible. My legs felt weak and my chest thumped so loud that it hurts. Suddenly, water seeped out the bathroom door, soaking the bedroom floor wet.

"Dammit please no.." I grabbed my hair and felt like tearing it off my head.

But my feet seemed to move on their own and approached the bathroom, my hand went against my will and opened the bathroom door.

There he was, pale and lifeless like that day.

"JIMIN!!!" I screamed.

-

"What?"

I mentally jumped and shot my eyes open. His face was close to mine, his eyes showed a worried look.

I blinked my eyes a few times and found myself sitting on my bed. My breath was unstable and my head felt like a mess. Jimin was standing next on my bed, leaning towards me.

Thank God I was dreaming.

"What's wrong, Jinhee-yah?" he gently grabbed my shoulders. I tried catching my breath before answering.

"N-nothing," I cleared my throat "It's just... a dream. Yeah, a bad dream."

"You were calling my name though.." he slowly backed away and scratched a nonexistent itch on the back of his head.

"Was I kidnapped by a group of lemurs again, like how you dreamed back then?"

I giggled "No, silly."

"Then?"

I looked away. I don't want to talk about it, especially to him. But his expression demanded for an answer, so I tried to think of one.

"You.." I paused, "Got married with Jungkook."

Now what the heck did I just said.

He bursted out into huge laughter, throwing back his head, "So you were jealous, huh?"

His question instantly made me blush.

He knows?

"N-no!" my face got even redder.

"Chill Jinhee-yah, Jungkook's all yours."

The moment I realize that he was talking of Jungkook I stopped blushing and my expression changed. Well I guess he wouldn't know what really happened between me and Jungkook that night. I let out a small sigh almost unrecognizable.

"Whatever." I rubbed my eyes, "By the way, why are you here?"

"You never came so mom woke me up, I decided to come wake you up instead."

I don't recall my alarm sounding at all. I picked up my phone, and tried switching it on. Nothing happened. The screen remained pitch black.

"Ouch, the battery's dead. Sorry.."