"We don't have much longer Dear, I'm afraid it's time."

I frowned and she spoke "Seems you've meet Luke".

Luke nodded.

"Please, keep her safe" she begged.

"She's my life". Somehow his words sounded real. And it even seemed like it hurt him to say that. So much despair in his voice.Or maybe hurt?

"Mom what's-?".

"You're gonna make me and your father so proud. I know you can do this. You'll find a way. Rose he wrote you. You and him-you make-sense now.I see it."

She was looking at me with tear pooled eyes.

"Angelina, remember who you are and what you've become. Everything has an answer. It is written, and I nor your father have a part in this"

"In what" I yelled "what is going on?!".

She opened her mouth. No words came out. And that's when it all happened.

Her body lunged forward and she sunk into the grass. I saw the blood run out and my eyes wetted.

"Mom,mom, no". I was grabbing my head trying to comfort myself.

"We have to go". Cole's hand jerked the gear shift to drive and he didn't hesitate to put his feet to the metal.

"We can't-"

"We have no choice, now your mom asked me to keep you safe and that's what I am doing".

I tried to controll myself. You know? stop the crying,but I was on edge.

My farther had already died. No goodbye. No warning.

My sweater was covered in snot and my eyes began to go red.

What was happening?

My heart yearned immensely for life.And I was sure now, that it would never get any.

"I-I don't understand" I said trying to fight back my tears.

"Angel,we will go back Tomorrow,but-but right now I need you to stay with me"!

I nodded for the most part. Because somehow, the look on his face made it easy.

***

The next day I was still in agony. My moms dead body was already gone, my fathers as well.

The house was as they had left it and what broke me was the dinner laid out on the dinner table and half glasses of juice. It was as if they were going to come back home and finish dinner where they had left off.

My mom told me he wrote me. Only then I didn't know who and the facts behind my mom's and dad's death still seemed to be untold.

Perhaps I wasn't trying to find out. Maybe I was trying to fight what I knew. But that to was wrong. I knew nothing and Luke didn't try to let me in on much ethier.

I walked over to the mahogany table. The one mom usually sat her mail on. I saw about a stack of letters and it occurred to me that was what I was looking for.

They were all to me from Cole.

My heart heated and roared with happiness and I couldn't stop the grin that rose from lips.

Cole did care.

I flashed back to the dream. Maybe that was us in the future or maybe it was telling me something, showing me what could be or would be.

****

Lukes hot breath fanned my neck.

"I suppose you want to know?"