Date with the Jerk.

It's been days since the prank war begun.

Jonathan and I were doing subtle pranks on each other. Nothing big and noticeable we don't want mom and grams knowing our childish little feud.

I just had lunch and I'm in my room trying to finish the unread books I have, Jonathan and Sam are probably in the living room playing video games. I'm 5 chapters away from finishing the book when my phone vibrates, my phone's screen light up and it shows Will's name.

I sent him a text the night he treated my ankle so we have a way of communicating well. He has been sending me text though, for the past days and I ignore most of them.

I sit up and finally read Will's message

"How's your foot?"

"A lot better thanks 2 u."

"I did what I could, watching The Good doctors made me think of wanting to be in the field of medicine."

"Ha! Watching B99 made me want to be a cop. Dat won't b happening tho."

"Gotta practice on ur landing first ;)"

"HA. HA. HA. funny"

"So anyway, about the date." Will texted, then another one came "Want to go to the movies with me?"

I didn't send him a text right away, I ponder for a minute thinking if I should accept. I just want the date to end honestly but I am also not in the mood to go out. I mean, if I keep dragging this it'll just be a pain in the ass. Better get it over with.

"sure, I'm free @ the moment anyway. Wer 2 meet up?"

"Um...hw bout @ da park?"

"Cool, see U there"

"Cool, will wait 4 U."

I close the book I'm reading and hop down my bed and place it back on my bookshelf. I walk to my closet and search for a date clothes.

I don't want him to think that I wore a specific dress or clothes for him. But I also don't want to look like a mess. I keep shoving some clothes away looking for the right dress until I found a nude color maxi dress. It's a long dress up to my ankles but it has a slit on the right side that goes all the way up to my mid-thigh.

I threw the dress on my bed and jump in the shower. I didn't bother washing my hair since it'll take me twice the time to get ready. I iron my hair and put on some light makeup, it's a hot day I don't want to feel like my face is melting.

I clip the right side of my hair to give it a little of style. I look at myself in the mirror one last time then I grab my bag and my phone and go downstairs. I haven't told Jonathan about this situation and I hope he doesn't notice me when I walk to the living room.

"Whoa! Why are you all dolled up?" forget noticing me, I freaking bump into Jonathan. He was in the kitchen getting some water, the stairs are in between the kitchen and the living room. He frowns at me and drinks his water, "So?" he asks again.

"I uh... Have a date."

"Okay... with who?"

"Uh.. none of your business," I said casually as I walk past him and walk towards the door. I slip on my sandals and exit the door, I could still feel Jonathan's stare behind my back.