The Oreo!

The first thing that I noticed when I woke up is a sweet earthy smell lingering on my nose, and that Jonathan and I, are basically spooning. His back is facing me but both of my hands were drape across his stomach and his hands were firmly securing my hands around him. I blink a few times before that registered in my brain. I slide my arms off of him, luckily he let my hand go. I look at Jonathan who is still in deep sleep, I carefully crawl out of bed and go to his bathroom. I wash my face and gargle some water and exits the bathroom. I leave his room and head towards mine.

I stop walking when I remember the incident last night.
HOLLY FUCKING SHIT. THERE'S A COCKROACH IN MY ROOM.
Okay, how do I do this? I need to change clothes so I can do my morning run. I really want to wake mom up and ask her to get my stuff but she will probably kill me if I do that. I take a deep breath and continue walking towards my room. I stop in front of my door and open it slowly, I peak inside looking at the ground first. I take a step inside and basically run to my closet and open it. I take a step back studying if it's there, I snatch a t-shirt, running pants and a sports bra. I close it and grab my running shoes near my bathroom door and leave my room as fast as I can.

I.HATE.COCKROACHES!

It's small, they look terrible, they can sneak up on you like a fucking ninja, and they can fucking fly. What kind of fuck up thing is that?!
I change my clothes in the bathroom downstairs and head out for my morning run. I take the route near the playground, circling around it when I notice Steven and Shelly on the swing.

I approach them to greet them, "Hey guys, what are you doing here so early?" Shelly just look the other way while Steven clears his throat and looks at me. "Out for another morning run?" Steven smiles at me, "Early mornings are my only peace of mind time, what about you two? Out so early?" I said as I look at my watch.
"I was just passing by, I woke up early and wanted some air." Shelly chuckles nervously,
"Same." Steven added abruptly.
I frown at them, why are they acting so weird? I just stare at them for a couple more seconds then it hits me. Oh, now I see.

I smile at them widely, "Well, I guess I better go. I wouldn't want to interrupt your date— I mean your passing by.. or whatever this is." I gesture at them. Shelly and Steven both shake their heads at the same time, it almost made me burst out of laughter on how obvious they are at hiding it.
"No, no, no, no, it's not that." Steven explains,
"It's an unexpected coincidence." Shelly adds,
I just smile at them both, oh they look adorable. Especially when they try to hide it, "Look it's cool, don't be shy about it. It seems you guys want this"-I gesture at them again-"to be a secret and I respect that. I won't tell anyone but be proud you guys look good together." They really do, Shelly has been stepping up her game on herself. She looks okay before but now she's more, I can see that she's finally feeling comfortable in her own skin. Steven, well he already looks good with his fine body and his smile that still makes my heart flutter a little. Steven have that smile that seems to just lighten up your world.

"I better go, see you couple around" I whisper the couple word at them before I leave and go back to my run. As I do I notice a very familiar brown hair. She's a few feet away from me, she's wearing a running outfit but she's not running. Why? Cause she's wearing make up that's why. And she's taking selfies the entire time.

She must've seen me behind her on her phone because she look back at me "Hey... you."
I jog closer to her "Hey... uhm.. Will's friend" I smile fakely at her,
"Pams. What's your name again?" I can hear the irritation in her voice when she reintroduced herself, "Elizabeth, but just Eli for short." Pams laughs at me when I told her my nickname "Of all the name you could possibly pick, you chose Eli?" She asks me. "Of all the name you could possibly pick, you chose Pams?" I mimic her that made her nostrils flare.
Well, almost.

The Nerd Is Back Bitches! (CURRENTLY EDITING READ AT YOUR OWN RISK)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें