[12] oh

kaeleigh-

calum stumbled a few steps before catching his balance and wrapped his arms around me. i clung tightly to his waist, my face buried in his chest. his hands rubbed circles on my back, and his chin rested on top of my head.

"that was too cheesy," i spoke in a whisper as i pulled away from him.

"you like cheesy," he grinned.

"you aren't a shîtty person," i began, ignoring his previous statement. "this just goes to prove it. you planned this amazing date for us when you could have just taken me to a movie or something. and you know exactly why i would have hated that, so you didn't. and what was that song? is that the one you were talking about?"

"yeah," calum nodded, "the boys and i finished it yesterday."

"i love it." i smiled, before pulling him back to me and squeezing him around the middle. i breathed contentedly, and calum giggled.

"so are we eating? i'm hungry," i said, turning around to sit at the table.

"wait!" calum shouted, and i jumped in surprise. "sorry. but let me do this."

i laughed as he stood behind my chair, gesturing for me to sit. as i sat, he pushed the chair in for me. he went around the table, and flashed a smile. "i'll be right back," he muttered, before disappearing inside.

looking around me, i smiled at the decorations. calum put thought into this. he wanted it to go well. i wanted it to go well. if it didn't, what would happen with us?

and maybe it wouldn't leave a good impression on most girls when calum walked out with a box of pizza and a two liter of soda. but i liked pizza. and he got my favorite soda.

i grinned as he poured some in a plastic cup, and put a slice of pepperoni on a paper plate. as he got his own, he smiled back at me.

"is this too simple?" calum asked, taking a bite of his pizza. "because i can do something else-"

"calum," i interrupted. "you made me go on a mini scavenger hunt, sang me a song, decorated your backyard and bought me pizza. it isn't simple at all; i love it."

"i love you," he grinned, and i rolled my eyes.

"you're cheesier than the pizza," i mumbled, causing him to laugh loudly.

his eyes crinkle as his head tilts back, and i almost spill my drink on my shirt while i stare at him.

calum stops, and i don't even notice when he stares back at me, the silly grin reappearing on his face.

"you look cute," he spoke, snapping me out of my daze.

"you look cute too," i replied.

"okay, i'm not hungry anymore." calum announced, standing up at walking over to a speaker i didn't even notice was there.

he plugged his phone in, and an unfamiliar song flooded through the speakers. "dance with me," he said softly, holding a hand out.

"i'm not done with my pizza," i grumbled, but took his hand anyway and allowed him to pull me up from my seat and onto the grass.

"i wish it was raining," calum breathed against my neck, his hands on my waist as mine were laced behind his neck.

"why?" i asked quietly. "so we could kiss on the rain? and make this date cheesier?"