Chapter XXVII

• Αφιερωμένο στον/ην Mm_hello

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN.

'You'd better have a good reason for waking me up at 8 AM on a Sunday,' Clark said as he yawned and rubbed his eyes.

Damien and I had called Kira, Shane, Clark and Sharon to my room. It was time to tell them. I was up all night last night thinking of how I could break the news to them.

My heart was racing and my insides felt like they would explode. I wish those butterflies would stop fluttering in my stomach.

'Vicky has something very important to say,' Damien spoke up.

Thank goodness Damien was here to support me. I couldn't do this on my own. There was no way I would've found the courage to do this.

'Well, what is it?' Kira asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I gulped.

'I-I'm not who you all think I am,' I stammered.

I had suddenly forgotten my entire speech.

'What does that mean?' Sharon asked.

'Vicky? Is everything okay?' Kira asked in concern.

I took a deep breath.

'I'm not actually a vampire,' I blurted. The butterflies in my stomach suddenly became a flock of birds.

I heard gasps come from around the room.

'It's okay,' Damien whispered to me. He placed his hand on my shoulder.

'I'm a Vampire Hunter,' I said quietly.

Shane stood up, knocking his wooden chair over.

'What?' Kira asked in shock.

'Well, I used to be,' I said quickly. 'I'm not a Hunter anymore.'

'How can we trust you?' Sharon hissed.

'Because you guys are my friends. You've shown me that not all vampires are evil. I can't bring myself to kill anyone else,' I answered, looking down to the wooden floor.

'Did you kill my dad?' Shane asked, suddenly.

'W-What?' I stammered.

'Did you fucking kill my dad,' Shane asked louder.

'Not exactly,' I said. 'But I was there. I saw everything, and I didn't try to stop it.'

And that's when I started speaking from my heart.

'Look, I know you all probably hate me right now. I don't even know if you'll forgive me. I don't blame you. I'll never forgive myself for all the innocent vampires I've murdered. I regret it so much. But there's one thing I don't regret. Meeting you guys.'

Everyone was staring at me. I continued,

'You all are the best friends I can ever have. You're my only friends. I couldn't bear to see any of you ever get hurt... and I couldn't have kept this secret from you anymore.'

There was a long, terrible silence between us. Clark was the first to speak.

'I forgive you,' he said quietly.

I spun around to face him.

'Really?' I whispered, not believing my own ears.

'Of course,' he smiled. 'I understand what it's like to try to blend in. You probably grew up around witch hunters, and you were trying to fit in. Now you've finally gained the courage to be your own person.'