Chapter III

I was just dreaming about a zombie apocalypse, when suddenly, a huge, long siren started blaring. I basically rolled off the bed and fell face-down on the floor. Still half-asleep, I jumped up frantically.

'Oh my God! It's the apocalypse! We're gonna die!' I shouted wildly.

I fell backwards when something cold hit my face and went up my nose. I caught my senses. Kira had just splashed a bottle full of cold water on my face.

'Sorry,' Kira said. 'But you were becoming a bit too whacky.'

'Sorry,' I said, sitting down on the bed. 'What the heck is that siren?'

'It's sort of like an alarm. Time to wake up. Classes begin in fifteen minutes,' Kira replied, buttoning her uniform.

Oh crap! I was late!

I jumped up and made a mad dash to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and took a shower.

'Hey,' Kira shouted. 'I'm going to class now. See ya'!'

'Okay, bye!' I shouted.

After the shower, I quickly pulled on my uniform, which I had fallen asleep in, may I add. Now it was crumpled and had wrinkles all over. I did my best to make it smooth, and then I put it on and tied my hair in a bun. I had no time at all to neaten my frustrating hair. I put on my shoes, picked up my class schedule, and then I was gone.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Where the hell is Classroom English 4B? I wondered.

I was so late. I was totally gonna get into hot water for being ten minutes late.

I crashed into- you guessed it- Mister Hottie I had met earlier.

'Are you lost again?' he asked lazily.

'Yup,' I admitted. 'I can't find English 4B.'

'Oh, that's way down the other corridor,' the guy said.

I literally slapped my forehead. 'Oh great!'

'C'mon,' the boy said. We started walking.

'So,' I asked casually. 'Why aren't you in class?'

'Because class is boring.'

'Well then why are you in school.'

'That's a secret.'

We were silent for a few seconds.

'I'm Vicky,' I said, expecting an answer.

'Damien,' he replied.

'Oh, that's a nice-'

'We're here,' Damien said before I could finish. He literally disappeared.

I didn't have time to think about him. I quickly walked into the classroom. It looked like a college classroom. There were rows of seats, each row a bit higher than the other. The teacher was infront of the class. The teacher glanced up at me.

'Yes?' she asked.

'Oh, um, Hi,' I said awkwardly. 'I-I have this class now. I'm Vicky Daniels.'

'Oh yes, the new student. I was wondering where you were,' the teacher glanced at her watch.

I could feel everyone in the classroom looking at me.

'Sorry,' I said. 'I got lost.'

'Okay, that's understandable. Don't make this a practice,' the teacher said. 'I'm Mrs. Salts.'

'Hi, Mrs. Salts,' I said.

'You may find a seat, Vicky,' Mrs. Salts said.

The only seat available was one way at the back, which meant it was in the highest row.

I sat next to a guy. He was tall and kind of skinny.

'Hey,' he whispered. 'I'm Clark.'

By the way he spoke, I could tell this guy was intelligent, and extremely gay.

'Hi,' I whispered back. 'I'm Vicky.'

Mrs. Salts snapped at us. We both stopped talking and concentrated on what she was writing on the board.

_*_*_*_*_*_*

Clark and I walked out of the classroom. We had a fifteen minute break before our next class. I saw Kira waving at me crazily. We both walked up to her.

'Hey, Clark,' she said.

Clark replied. Okay, they knew each other.

'Hey,' someone said behind us.

We looked around. A tall boy with wavy, brown hair and a girl with blond hair cut shortly stood behind us.

The girl hugged Clark.

'I haven't seen you in a while!' she squealed.

'This is Sharon and Collin,' Kira explained. She introduced me to them.

Collin looked at me. Wow, his eyes were piercing, and they seemed to be interrogating me. I smiled as sweetly as I could, ignoring the urge to pluck his eyeballs out. Okay, maybe I was being a bit too gruesome, blame it on my addiction to American Horror Story.

'I can't wait for tonight!' Kira squealed happily.

'What's happening tonight?' I asked.

'You'll find out,' Sharon said suspiciously.

_*_*_*_*_*_*

'You ready?' Kira asked.

'Yup,' I answered. I had just finished getting ready for whatever was happening tonight.

'Can you please tell me what's happening tonight?' I asked.

'No,' Kira said.

'Puh-lease? I won't stop until you tell me. Pleasssssssse!!'

'Fine!' Kira said. 'I guess you should know.'

I almost wished I hadn't asked, because Kira's next statement made my body go cold.

'It's a tradition. Once every month, we kidnap a human, let them run through the woods, and then we go after them. Whoever kills the human and drinks them dry first wins.'

================================

The next chapter has lots of action, don't worry. :)

Dedicated to @WestandWest for the support!! :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++