Chapter XXVI

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

'One would think someone who uses a crossbow would have better aim,' I mumbled as I stood up and brushed glass off myself. 'He's shot, like, ten arrows at me and missed every time.'

Shane was also brushing himself.

'This Hunter seems fixed on killing you. I wonder why,' Shane replied.

'I have no idea,' I sighed, 'Now, we should be getting back to school.'

When we arrived at school, Kira was waiting for us infront of Shane's room.

'Hi,' she said quietly. 'Vicky, can we speak?'

I shrugged. 'Sure.'

We bid Shane goodbye and started walking to our room. 

It was quiet and awkward for the first few minutes, before Kira spoke up.

'Vicky, I'm sorry I shouted at you,' she said suddenly. 'I was confused and angry and stupid.'

'Kira, don't say that about yourself. I forgive you,' I said, a smile on my face.

The look of pure joy on Kira's face made me feel all warm and mushy on the inside. 

'Thank you so much!' she squealed excitedly.

Suddenly, she hugged me.

'You're probably the only friend I have that I can trust. You'd never betray me,' she whispered, sniffling.

And at that one point in time, I realized something. 

There was no way in Hell I would kill Kira. 

*_*_*_*_*

Where am I? I wonder to myself.

It's dark all around me. I'm scared to walk, or even move. 

'Hello? Is anyone there?' I call.

Suddenly, a bright spotlight is turned on. It's aimed directly at me. I put my hand over my face, because the light is too bright. That's when I realize I'm standing on a stage. 

I can see the auditorium. It's empty. There isn't a soul sitting in any one of the chairs. 

Wait, I see someone. 

Someone standing by the stage. 

Someone in a black hoodie.

The person holds up the crossbow. I scream and close my eyes as he shoots at me. I hear a sick sound as the arrow makes contact with my flesh. 

*_*_*_*_*

'Oh my God!' I shouted as I rolled off my bed. 

I sat up quickly and started gasping in deep breaths of air. 

Was that another vision?! 

Would the Witch Hunter try to kill me soon. Would he succeed?

Why do my visions have to be so confusing? They only come in bits and pieces. Would the Hunter try to shoot at me while I was acting on stage during the concert? 

He wouldn't be dumb enough to do that, would he? If he shot at me in front of a bunch of students and parents he would surely be arrested or something. 

My eyes shot up to my alarm clock suddenly.

2:00 P.M.

Holy Crap, I had slept for 10 hours straight. Thank goodness it was Saturday and I didn't have any classes. After Kira had apologized earlier, I had just thrown myself onto my bed and fallen asleep.