Chapter VIII

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER EIGHT.

As I ran after Kira, I thought ran through my head. Should I kill her? Should I not kill her? I stopped in my tracks and started looking around.

Where was she? I had lost Kira in the crowd of people.

I spun around, only to crash into Shane Ricardson. He stayed upright, but I fell backwards and landed on my ass. He held onto me and pulled me up.

His turquoise blue eyes seemed like they were sparkling. Wow, I had never seen eyes as bright or blue as his.

'Um, hi?' I said, unsure of what was happening.

I now noticed that around his eyes were red. He had been crying.

My eyes widened in shock. He was crying over the death of his dad. That's why he was in this club, to drink and try to forget his problems.

'Sorry,' he muttered, before staggering away.

Vampires didn't have any emotions, that was what I had been thought all my life. Then why was Shane crying?

'Whatever,' I muttered to myself.

I continued searching for Kira. I spotted her. Well, her extremely permed hair, at least. She was walking out of the club. That was even better, I could kill her while she was on the deserted streets. I followed her out of the club. It took me a while to get through the herd of dancing people. When I exited the club, Kira had already disappeared.

'Did you see a girl in a white top and a white miniskirt just go by?' I asked the guard at the door. 'Her hair is very curly.'

'Oh, yeah, she just went that way,' the guard replied and pointed down the road.

I nodded in thanks and went off down the road.

I stopped. I closed my eyes and listened.

I heard faint sobs. I turned to the right. There was a dark alleyway.

Why the heck would Kira go there to cry? Anyways, it only made my job easier. I pulled the dagger that I had hidden in my boot out and started creeping like a ninja down the alleyway.

There she was. Kneeling down in a corner, busy sobbing. I stalked up behind her. I rose the dagger over her head. I could do this. Kira stopped sobbing.

'Who's behind me?' she gasped.

She spun around. I quickly hid the dagger behind my back.

I could have killed her! I thought angrily. Why did I hide the dagger behind my back?

'Vicky, just please leave me alone right now,' Kira said quietly.

I sighed. Suddenly, Kira's eyes widened.

'Vicky! Behind you!' she screeched.

Kira held onto me and pushed me over just as an arrow shot over our heads. Had she not pushed me down the arrow would have gone through my skull.

I heard another sound as another arrow zipped through the air, straight at Kira. Using her super speed, she dodged the arrow.

'Where's it coming from?' I asked, looking around.

'I don't know,' Kira replied. 'Probably someone standing on the roof.'

Another arrow flew towards us. Kira easily caught it with her hand and snapped it.