Chapter XIV

VICKY THE VAMPIRE HUNTER.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Mom barely even glanced at me. Her eyes shot to Damien, who was standing behind me. She could instantly tell he was a Vampire. Vampires let off a special smell that all Witches could sense.

The look in Mom's eyes changed from shock, to horror, and then to anger.

She stood up, forgetting her bags on the ground. 

'Hello,' she said sternly to Damien. 'And you are?'

Damien cleared his throat awkwardly. 

'Um, hi,' he said, a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead. 'I'm Damien Salohcin.'

So that's his last name, I thought. 

Damien held out his hand, as to shake Mom's hand. She ignored him.

'Vicky, dear. Let's talk,' Mom said, still glaring at Damien. She walked into the Hotel.

'Be right back,' I whispered to Damien. 'You should wait in the car, it's about to get really dangerous.'

I quickly followed Mom into the Hotel. She was waiting for me in one of the elegant sofas in the hotel's Waiting Room. There was a Secretary sitting by the front desk, busy talking to someone on the phone. They were talking rather loudly, might I add. 

'Why the hell are you on a date with a blood-sucking freak?' Mom hissed as soon as I sat next to her. 

'I can explain,' I exclaimed nervously.

'I'm telling you, that chick that just registered had the best junk in her trunk,' the Secretary said into the phone.

Wait a minute, wasn't he using the company's phone? His conversation didn't seem to be related to any form of Business. 

Mom pulled me out of me reverie. 

'Well, explain yourself,' she stated.  

I started, 'Well, considering I may have to kill Damien soon-'

Mom cut my sentence, 'You will have to kill Damien soon.'

'Yes,' I continued. 'Considering I will have to kill him soon, I'm just using him for some dating experience.'

'That's what humans and witch boys are for,' Mom said.

'Mom, I never have time to go on dates. I mean, I'm always off hunting Vampires. I'm never around one person for a long period of time. I spend more time around Vampires than I do around Humans and Witches. And all I have to do is kill the Vampires. I just figured, why not make use of them while they're alive? I have to kill them soon, so no harm will be done. No one will know if I dated a Vampire. They're won't be a crazy love triangle. No obsessed exes. Nothing bad. I'm just using Damien for some dating experience,' I explained. 

Wow, that speech came out better than expected. 

Mom's features softened.

'Oh, honey,' Mom sighed. 'It's just that, I don't want you developing any feelings for any of these Vampires. Dates tend to strengthen feelings.'

'Mom, I promise I won't develop any feelings for Damien, or any other Vampire,' I said sincerely. 

Mom sighed in defeat.

'Fine. You're lucky I'll be keeping this a secret from your father. He can never find out, or you'll probably get kicked out,' she warned. 

'I'm telling you, it's a Nicki Minaj ass,' the annoying Secretary said on the phone.

I groaned in frustration. 

'Oh yeah!' I exclaimed. 'Something's happening with my powers.'

'Really?' Mom asked curiously. 'What?' 

'Well, earlier I went into the woods to practice some spells. The fire spell worked awesome, I shot a fireball from my hands. I was so excited, I mixed up my spells. I said a Water spell by mistake, and that spell worked too!' I said quickly. 

Mom's eyes went wide.

'Oh. My. God,' she whispered. 

'Mom, do you know what's happening?' I asked, hoping she knew the answer.

'That's why your hair turned blue!' Mom suddenly exclaimed. 'Did you feel something like electricity running through your body when you said the spells?'

'Yes,' I said. 'It felt like I was on drugs.' 

'The reason your hair changed color was because the powers running through your veins are extremely strong. Your blue hair is like an effect of this power,' Mom explained.

'Oh,' I said. 'Well, does every Witch go through this phase? When will I find my Main Element?'

'That's the thing,' Mom said. 'You don't have a main element. Fire, Earth, Water and Air. They're all your Main Elements.'

'B-But that's not possible,' I stammered in shock. 

'No, it isn't,' Mom said. 'It's extremely rare. And extremely dangerous.' 

'Well, is it... a good thing?' I asked worriedly.

'No, it isn't,' Mom said, her voice quivering. 'We Witches consider this a disease. If you don't find a way to control your powers, they will consume you. Vicky, you can literally spiral out of control. If your powers aren't controlled, they'll go haywire and you can destroy everything around you.'

My hands went cold. My heart started beating faster than ever. My throat felt dry suddenly. 

'Do you think if I make a move, I can bang her?' the Secretary asked onto the phone.

'Will you shut the heck up?!' I screamed angrily to the Secretary. This guy had gotten me on my nerves. 

I suddenly felt the electric pulse again. It chorused through my body in a flash. Suddenly, the phone caught fire. Literally. It sparked and then burst into flames.

'What the hell?' the Secretary gasped in horror. He ran for the Fire Extinguisher. 

'I think we should get out of here,' Mom whispered.

'Yep. Good idea,' I said quickly. 

As we walked out of the Hotel, I came face-to-face with Damien. Oh crap, I had forgotten he was waiting for me. 

'Um, can we postpone the date?' I asked. 'Mom and I have something urgent to discuss.'

Damien shrugged. He handed me the Gate Pass.

'Show this to the Guard when you return to school,' he said.

'Thanks. But what about you?' I asked.

'The Guard knows me. He'll let me in without hesitation,' Damien explained. 

'Thanks again,' I said. 'And sorry this date turned out not-so-good.'

'Hey, it was the most... adventurous date ever,' he joked. 

'You can say that again,' I sighed.

'Okay, bye,' he said. 'Bye, Mrs. Daniels.'

'Bye,' I said.

'Bye, nice meeting you,' Mom said. 

As Damien drove away, Mom started her car. 

'We need to explain this situation to your Dad,' Mom explained. 'You wouldn't mind missing a day of school, would you?'

'Nope,' I replied.

I climbed into the car and Mom drove off. I hadn't seen my home in such a long time. I was going home again, but I wasn't feeling too happy about it. Mainly because my powers could make me spiral out of control and kill everyone around me. But, hey, let's not be pessimistic.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry this chapter is kinda boring. :)

Hope you enjoyed. More updates coming soon! ;)

===============================