Part 2

ADRIAN’S POV

I pulled Sydney in, into the coat room and she leaned back against the back of the door. Sydney’s body tensed up and become rigid. I moved in closer to her. So close to her. I covered her mouth with my hand, blocking off any outbursts. My hands brushed her lips. Her soft lips that kept making me remember how much I missed her. Sydney opened her eyes and put me into focus. She began easing up upon realizing it was me.

‘Shh. It’s just me, Sage.’

‘Damn Adrian. You scared the hell out of me.’

‘Well you take my breath away. Same thing.’

At this, she smiled. I loved it when she did that. When her amber eyes began to sparkle and the light coming in the room highlighted the blonde in her hair. She looked beautiful. I cupped her face and looked down at her. Our bodies were so close together. I reached out and pulled a strand of hair behind her ear. She pulled away at the brisk touch of my hand against her cheek. I wonder if she experiences the same electricity that flows through me when we touch. Sydney was like no one I have ever been with before. She made me so much better... but I was still me.

I put my arms around her waist and pulled her even closer, until there was nothing between us. Hey, we hadn’t kissed in two weeks. I should get an award for my patience. I lifted her up a little and she stood on her toes to reach my height. Then our lips touched. I kissed her like I had never kissed anyone before. The passion was there, passion that was only there when I was with her. Her hands were in my hair and mine were going further down her back. I pulled away and looked into her eyes. She blushed and I couldn’t keep the grin off my face.

‘I’ve missed you.’ she said.

‘I’ve missed you too’ and she put her arms around my neck and pulled me into an embrace. 

‘I hate being away from you so much. I’m sick of all the lies and secrecy.’ I stroked her back.

‘I know Sage. But it’s better than nothing’

‘Yeah. I know.’

‘You should be lucky to spend this much time with me. Do you know how many girls are lining up to spend time with me’

She chuckled and replied ‘Oh yeah. I mean it’s not like you pulled me into a tiny, claustrophobic cloak room to just spend time with me’

I laughed. I loved it when she always had a witty retort to one of my jokes. It was like we were in perfect sync. Damn I loved the way her body felt when I was holding her. I pulled away so I could look at her face, but I left my hands around her.

‘So what was the good news you were going to tell me?’

‘Guess?’

‘You’re gonna come back to my house after this?’

‘No, better. Well actually, for you it is.’

‘Really huh? Come on just tell me. I hate suspense.’

‘Well, I was searching up on Alchemist databases and was keeping track of some activity for some while now. I had to do a search on prisoners and royal history.’ She paused for a second and I couldn’t help but stare at her. I loved it when she got that glint in her eye, when she began talking about Alchemist business that made no sense to me whatsoever.

‘Well, I finally found where your mother is and scheduled an appointment for you to go meet her.’

My hands dropped and I was too stunned to speak. My mother.

‘Wait. So you’re saying I can meet my mum?’

‘Yes, I tracked down where she is’ Sydney said ecstatic waiting for my reaction.

It took me a couple minutes to comprehend what she was saying. I couldn’t wait. I hadn’t seen my mother for two years and I had been dying to meet her. I always wondered where she would be and how she is doing. I always thought about her. I loved my mum, and the thought of her being locked away in prison, that too because of me killed me inside. I had to make it up to her and this was my chance. I had been trying to get an address from my father for months with no result. Now I finally found her. I was over the moon. There was nothing that could make me happier than this and Sage spending her time doing this for me was overwhelming. I wasn’t used to people doing this for me. Hell, people thought I didn’t even have feelings for others.

I hurriedly put my arms around Sydney again, thanking her repeatedly. I sat down on the chair, muttering away like a crazy person.

‘What will I say? I’ll have to get a haircut. What am I going to do when I meet her, Sydney?’ I said in a panicked voice.

‘Adrian, she’s going to love you. Just like I do. Stop worrying!’ Sydney said. She was always my voice of reason. She looked me in the eyes and placed her hand in mine. I knew with her around I could face anything. My mum, after two years. This for sure was great news. Something I had to wait for, for too long.

‘Thank you Sydney. Thank you so much. I know you didn’t have to do this. But this means the world to me. Thank you.’ I was genuinely so grateful. This was the best thing anyone could ever do for me. My mum and I were close and I just needed a chance to talk to her. Sydney noticing I was thrilled about the news began smiling as well. She truly was amazing. My friends, my family, everyone failed to notice what means so much to me. I went around acting strong, like nothing affects me, but Sydney knew better. She knew me so well now, I was scared. She’s the best thing that has ever happened to me. Seeing my overjoyed face a smile was plastered on her face as well. I couldn’t help myself and kissed her again. This time not stopping for a while. The coatroom was tiny and had barely enough room to accommodate the both of us. Our bodies were practically stuck together and the walls were closing in on us. I moved her hair off her shoulder and began placing small kisses on her shoulder, shaking up the intensity. It had been too long since I had been so close to her. She smelt so amazing- My head jerked up. I placed my hand against Sydney’s mouth and covered it. Someone was coming. With my heightened vampire hearing I could hear footsteps approaching the door. I couldn’t let anyone see us. What if it was Zoe? I couldn’t risk that. I wouldn’t be able to stay away from Sydney. I couldn’t let anything harm her. Since I was young, I had been written off as useless and irresponsible. But I was responsible for Sydney and I wasn’t going to screw this up. I ducked down and pulled Sydney close to me. Her head resting against my chest. I could feel her breathing rapidly and she was scared. So was I. We hid behind a cloak and pressed up against each other, to be covered by another couple of coats hanging near us. There was a creak and someone entered in. I pulled Sydney closer to me. But there was nowhere to go, we were trapped in there. I recognized Zoe’s voice and breathed a sigh of relief when the door closed. Once I was certain they weren’t close to us, I pulled the coat of us and we both got off.

‘That was close Adrian. Too close.’

‘I know. We have to be careful.’

Sydney had tensed up and I knew her worries must’ve been overtaking her. I lightly said ‘But it was worth it’ She nearly smiled. I knew she wouldn’t admit it, but making out in a cloakroom is sort of sexy. She gave me a quick peck on the cheek and left. I headed out a few minutes later, to avoid suspicion. When I entered the room Sydney looked up at me and smiled. I was reminded of us together in the cloakroom, and I began to smirk again. She looked away, in an attempt to avoid me seeing the red overtaking her cheeks. But like always, she failed hopelessly.