Chapter 3 - The Parting

Years have come to pass. He was now an adult at 16 years of age. In human terms, in dragon terms he was still a child.

Summers's appearance had changed greatly over the years, he had developed scaly dragon like skin. His fingers and toes were almost claw like. His teeth were sharp and strong and eyes were yellow with a slit pupil. His breath was now a low grumble, extruding small flames in every breath, and his brute strength rivaled that of one thousand men. The most peculiar was his miniature wings growing from his back and his new diet of rocks and raw meat.

This was all the result of exposure to will-o-wasp and his training with the Dragon.

Summers was laying relaxed on the ground besides the dragon.

"Summers" grumbled the Dragon.

"What?!" said Summers.

"Have you chosen?"

*sigh* "You're so annoying. Fine, fine! Yes, okay."

"humph, I believe it... will do you well..." The Dragon was visibly worn. "Now come... Stand in front, right here..."

Summers stood up and walked in front of the dragon facing him. Summers looked at the dragon solemnly and stared at the ground. "I'm ready."

"Then, by the dragon of ages past, our ancient ancestors, I grant you the blood of dragons." *boom* The dragon blew an enormous white hot flame, engulfing Summers in it, burning and melting all the surrounding grass and dirt.

"You... are now... dragon kin...Summers"

Summers's body changed once more, his hands were now full claws, his teeth were now larger and his hair was white, and wings had fully grown. His breath was now so large he had to control his breathing, and his strength was unknown.

He now wore dragon bone armor, giving him a fake tail and covering his body.

Summers smiled sadly at the dragon, "I'm sorry" he said, "for being such a pain all these years"

The dragon smiled and gave a chuckle. "Here" the dragon handed him a scale, "when the time... comes"

Summers was surrounded in a fiery sphere, being lifted up. The dragon lifted his hand to the sphere.

"We shall meet... again"

"! Da..."

*pop*

The dragon pushed the sphere with such force it almost disappeared out of sight instantly.

Dagraid the dragon then left to return to the forest, to recover his strength.