Chapter 1

There once was a forest dragon, who lived in the shadows, hiding, waiting, and watching.

He watched as the people passed by, through the forest he saw them from afar. His curiosity was profound.

He wished to interact with them but could not, for he was a dragon.

Then one day a young boy approached his forest spot.

The young boy was unafraid. He approached the dragon with a rock. "Here" the young boy said.

The dragon asked, "Are you not afraid boy?", "Where are your parents?"

The boy responded, "No, dragon. I am not afraid. I do not have parents to teach me to fear dragons"

The dragon took the rock and ate it. "Then boy, what is your name that I can call you by" said the dragon.

"No" responded the boy.

The dragon rumbled lowly, vibrating the air and forest. "Then shall I call you No?" mocked the dragon

"NO!" said the boy angrily, he began to pout fiercely. Throwing a tantrum for being mocked.

The dragon blew fire on the ground, lighting the forest ablaze. "Then", roared the dragon, "your name shall be...

Summers.

The boy and dragon both smiled, "I will teach you the truth about dragons, and you shall see the Summers skies glisten and glow, sparkling with the flames of the sun, streaking through the vast open sky." The dragon lowered his neck and shoulder to allow Summers to climb on.

Summers with a big smile ran and eagerly climbed on the back of the dragon.

"Hold on Summers, and I will show you the world of dragons." The dragon opened his wings, blowing the flames of the forest off. With his wings pointing towards the sky, the wings seemed to envelop Summers. *whoosh* a hurricane of wind was pushed as the wings came crashing down, bending the trees and kicking up dust.

Summers was beside himself, smiling and crying.

The dragon and boy soar through the sky to a place unknown to him, but it did not matter, he had found a parent, when no human would take him, a dragon did.