Chapter 2 - To the skies and beyond

The dragon and Summers soared through the skies swoosh Summers felt free and alive. He was excited and happy. He had finally found a parent that he was looking for.

*wooosh* the dragon came to a halt. He seemed to have found the perfect spot. A lush green valley. Solitary and quiet. "We have arrive" said the dragon.

The boy looked at the dragon curiously and said, "Again, again, do it again" The dragon laughed. "Down you go" laying closer to the ground. "There are enough resources for a human to survive here"

"Now" said the dragon, "my first lesson shall be to gather supplies." The dragon blew a small ember at the boy. It landed on top of his head, floating above. "This will-o-wasp shall guide you on where to go. Follow him, and do not stray" warned the dragon.

The boy listened intently, but was easily distracted by the will-o-wasp above his head. He ran off following the will-o-wasp, not listening to the dragon's final warnings.

*rustle rustle* As he entered the tall grass he smiled and followed. It was nightfall so the will-o-wasp was easy to spot.

He chased and chased. The orb flickered and danced through the night. But the orb stopped suddenly up ahead. *Whoosh* A gust of wind blew as the boy exited the tall grass. He was in front of the ocean.

As he stood in front of the ocean he could smell the salty ocean breeze intently. He felt the cool wind push him back, and the cool sand at his feet shift and shuffle. He barely wore a ragged shirt and pants, but it he did not feel cold.

The Orb moved towards some driftwood and jumped up and down. Summers then realized these were the resources the dragon instructed to gather. He quickly ran over *huff huff* he was running out of breath after running so long. It was too large for him to carry back. "Willow, please" The boy asked. The Willow already knew what to do, he got in front of Summers's mouth and Summers blew.

Under the star lit sky you could see Summers's purplish faded fire breath, it was an intense white when it hit the driftwood. It took a few moments and the driftwood was cut, leaving a faint reddish glow of charred wood. "Cool! Ha-ha-ha, thanks Willow" The orb flashed a couple times, and went towards the ocean where multiple orbs rose from the ocean. They began to dance over the shallow waters. Summers was already running towards them hopping along the way. And all throughout the night he played and danced with the will-o-wasp.