"Why am I not healing?"

"If it's from an Alpha it takes longer to heal."

"We need to take her to a hospital!" Stiles shouts worry lacing his tone. I grab his hand in effort to comfort him.

Derek glares at Stiles,

"And tell them what? What could you possibly say that would explain the fact that she'll heal?"

"We could take her to my boss. He's got experience with the supernatural."

I start to shake and I'm not entirely sure why. Stiles lets go of my hand in shock of how cold I got in a matter of seconds.

"We need to think of something, she's getting really cold really quickly."

Derek looks at me and grabs my hand. I feel some pain get taken away from me. I look at Derek's arm,

"Derek... Your arm" I state as black veins travel up his arm.

Scott and Stiles look to him for an explanation since he is the Yoda Wolf, but the Yoda Wolf locks eyes with me again. The veins stop travelling up his arm but he doesn't let go of my hand.

"I took some of your pain away. It's one of the gifts you have as a Werewolf."

Derek carries me out of the house and towards his car. He places me in the front seat of his black Camaro. Ooo a sexy car for a sexy guy! He drives off towards the... The animal clinic. Once we get there Derek carried me inside after Scott and Stiles.

"Deaton! We need help" Scott shouts

A man walks out and looks to us

"Scott, what can I do for you?"

"This is Mackenzie. She got attacked by an Alpha. She isn't healing."

The man-Deaton- must catch on because he pushes open the gate and allows us in. Derek lies me on the table and I shiver as my skin touches the cold metal table. Deaton is searching for something in the drawers and when he finds it he turns around.

"Derek I need you to hold down her arm for me. I want to try something. "

Derek holds my arm down with one hand but holds my hand with the other. Deaton drags a scalpel down my arm. I feel pain but it's gone as soon as its felt. I look at my arm and see my arm has healed.

"It should trigger the healing process, but someone'll need to stay here with her."

Stiles is about to say he will when I stop him

"Stiles, it's okay go home I'll be fine. And plus you've got school tomorrow."

He agrees after some protesting. Derek looks at me

"I'll stay with her"

Stiles looks to me and I nod. He leaves with Scott. I sit up and turn to Derek and he's already looking at me. He walks over to me and I sit up straighter. He lifts up my tank top revealing my wound. I feel a spark kind of like a tingle. It's strange. I'm not gonna lie, when I was younger I had a massive crush on Derek but he never knew. He stands in front of me. I stare up at him staring into his green eyes that I've always loved. He's still staring

"Done checking me out?"

"Ha-ha funny! Why did you come back to Beacon Hills?"

I look him in the eyes again, he must see pain and anger in them because he pulls a chair over and sits down taking my hand for comfort.

"Well I had to come back. Two weeks ago my parents and I were coming back from a party. My father had decided to gate crash. He was all nice but it was just an act. The Alpha decided it would be a good idea to run in front of the car causing my father who insisted to drive my mother and I home to swerve and flip off the road. The crash killed my parents. I wished I was dead too. But the Alpha had other plans. He dragged me out of the car and bit me. So now I live with my uncle and Stiles."

"I'm sorry about your parents. So you're Stiles' older cousin"

I nod,

"Always have been... Always will be. But when we were younger he used to eavesdrop big time and he would try and get Scott and I to go and look for clues to murders"

"Some things never change."

I nod my head. I try and think of things to keep the conversation.

"Derek, could you help me control the shift? Because I don't want to get into an argument with someone and end up tearing their head off!"

"I can help you with the basics but the rest you learn with time. If you wanna learn to shift then you do it through anger. By tapping into a primal animal rage. But for control there's two ways you can do it. One's pain. Another is an Anchor." I nod along with his words

"The common denominator is Pain makes you human right? That's the lesson Scott and I needed to learn." He nods "What's an Anchor?"

"An Anchor is something or someone who keeps you calm. When you think you're about to shift you think about that person or thing and it should stop you from shifting and give you control even on a full moon."

Soon enough after more conversation sleep tugs at me. I'm told to lie back by Derek so I do and I eventually fall asleep with Derek on my mind... Again.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey loves!

Comment, Vote, Share

~ Megan 💞