Chapter 60: Nerving talks

Start from the beginning

"Eunmi..." she began, but couldn't form the right words to say. Tears now streamed down her cheeks as she closed the distance between us and took me in a hug. The tears I had been holding back has released as I hugged her back.

"I am sorry, too," she said, her voice quiet. "I know I should have told you, but I didn't know how to. I was afraid... afraid of what you would think of me once you found out. I've been selfish keeping it from you. I thought it would just go away... I thought they would just go away if I gave you the life I never had when I was your age. But I guess these things can't be avoided."

I pulled away from her and furrowed my eyebrows at her bloodshot eyes and swollen cheeks from all the crying. I wiped them away with my fingers and then wiped mine with the back of my hand as I attempted a smile at her.

"I know, eomma. I'm sorry I let my feelings get in the way of seeing what the situation actually is. To be honest, if what happened to you happened to me, I wouldn't want my daughter to know as well."

She only smiled faintly at me and rubbed her thumb on my cheeks gently. I had missed my mother. Because we were so close, being distant from her was hard. She hugged me once again and when we pulled away we continued to watch what was left of the movie. We cried again, but thankfully not because of our situation.

-

For the past two weeks my mother and I had mended our relationship and it went back to what it was before all the lies and secrecy had happened. I was glad we could do that. I may not have had a father ninety-nine per cent of my life, but for the remainder of them my mother became both my mother and my father. If I lost her, I would also lose both.

Throughout those two weeks, EXO also returned from their tour to have a break, and then they would continue. I was more nervous than ever because I finally decided to talk to him about all that has occurred, about us.

There I was standing in front of the all-too-familiar dorm door. With a long and heavy sigh, I knocked three times and stepped back to wait for it to open. I was hoping no one would answer to save me the trouble of talking and possibly crying, but that hope was gone when Baekhyun opened the door, revealing his very surprised face.

"Eunmi," he said almost in a whisper.

"Um, hi," I spoke softly, trying to smile but failed.

"Uh, c-come in," he stuttered as he stepped aside to let me enter.

I had not seen him since that day I confronted D.O and found out Baekhyun knew about the whole situation as well. Maybe I had been too harsh on him, especially since I practically cheated on him and then ignored him because he was only trying to respect his best friend's decision in keeping the secret a secret from me. I walked behind him on the way to the living room, but I spoke first before making my existence here known to the other members. To him.

"Baek, hang on," I quietly said. He turned around to face me with confusion. "Before we go, I just want to say that I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry for what I did to you. I feel so bad for hurting you when you have been nothing but the nicest person to me. I don't know what else to say besides I'm sorry. I really am and I hope someday you can forgive me for my wrongdoings."

I didn't even notice that I had already started to cry in front of him. The moment I finished talking, he rushed over to me and took me in a tight embrace. I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't miss his hug because I did. They were so gentle and genuine, like I was the most fragile thing on earth. I grabbed at the shirt material on his back and hugged him back, resting my head on his chest and crying some more. I really didn't want to come off as weak, but I guess my emotions were more than what I had thought.