Chapter 2

Trevor looked over disinterested in what was occurring around him. I refused to participate in these so called exercises that were being led by Devon, our beta's son. I can't believe that one day he will be our beta and giving us orders. He was hot tempered and reacted on his emotions. So I had no respect for the guy. Although I didn't care that much for the Alpha's son either, at least he had my respect. The only reason me and my group were out here was because our Alpha commanded our presence on the field today. Since a large group of our warriors which included our trainers had been gone for past three days to investigate rogue attacks about 300 miles north of our border, we have been skipping training sessions. I knew it infuriated Devon, but I didn't care he didn't have the balls to challenge me.

I was a little annoyed that Devon sent one of my members, Sage, on tour guide duty to show the visitors around the pack house. That was his way of annoying the crap out of me, treating us like we're his servants. Everyone called my group the elite, because we were the best warriors of the Halder Pack. Since childhood all six of us were drawn to each other, we were smarter, faster, and stronger than most wolves in the pack and we moved as one. Growing up we were a tight knit group and held ourselves separate from the others. We used to be called freaks but no one dared to say that to our face anymore. We were very protective of each other and if you messed with one of us you had to deal with all of us. We also seemed to share a special mind link that only the six of us shared. At first it freaked us out that we could block out the pack but now we see it as our gift. Our group consisted of me, Sage, Niko, Jules, and Raven and Jace who also happened to be mates. Jace also was my second in command if you wanted to put a label on who was in charge.

My wolf sensed her before I did becoming restless and whimpering; the smell of jasmine assaulted my nose causing me to search for the source. Then she walked onto the field with Sage. I watched her every move and my wolf began whimpering louder. Then she turned in my direction and I was staring into two pools of sparkling blue eyes that reminded me of sapphires. My wolf became submissive and utterly quiet.

That is when I notice that my group that was horsing around became all silent. I turned to face the group. Your wolves? I knew then that all of our wolves were quiet. I looked over to Sage and she gave me a nod to confirm that her wolf was quiet too.

My staring match with the mystery girl was broken as the Alpha walked onto the field with his friend. The girl ran over to them smiling and talking. Sage jogged over to us. Before I could even asked Sage filled us in.

"Her name is Celina and that's her uncle and longtime friend of the Alpha. I don't know that much only that she really wanted to come to the training fields." Sage looked back over towards the Alpha.

"OK I guess I will be the first to say it out loud... what the hell!?" Jules was the comedian of our group always trying to lighten us up. "I don't know about you, but she is freaking me out or should I say my wolf out. He has shut me completely off."

Jace place his hands on Jules shoulder trying to calm him down as he started to erratically walk in circles. "Jules get a hold of yourself, I'm sure there's an explanation, right Trevor?"

Everyone turned their eyes to me like I had all the answers. "Yea there's an explanation and I'm going to find out what or who she is." Niko and Raven remained silent both still staring at the person that was causing our group turmoil.