Deep Night

Klaus drived us back to the mansion, New England at night was outstanding. The lights were beautiful blending in with the night sky. I looked over at Klaus and smiled.

"Thank you." I say almost whispering. He looks over at me and turns of the engine of the car.

"For what?" He asks smirking.

"For everything." I say looking into his deep blue eyes. I saw his smirk turn into a smile when I finished talking.

"You know you don't have to thank me, Caroline?" The silence after he said that was so intense I could hear hear the little critters outside, it might have been my vampire hearing, but it was a nice silence. I look down and realize he was holding my hand. I move my hand over a bit so our fingers hook together.

"I know but..." He cut me off with a sweet kiss. It caught me completly off guard, but he didn't rush it. It was a gentle pashionate kiss, we kissed for a long time. My body filling with warmth and feeling different. I felt something I had not felt in a long time... loved. After what seemed like forever we pulled apart. I felt my cheeks grow hot.

I opened the door to get out but Klaus beat me to it and held out his hand. I smiled and gradually took it. Hand in hand we both walked in the mansion. I began to walk towards my room but Klaus held me back.

"I don't expect anything, love. But, after that kiss, and a sleep on the jet I think it's best you sleep in my room tonight." He says smirking. Again holding his hand out. I smiled and gave him a peck on the lips that turned to a minute of glory. After several seconds I pull back and smirk at him,

"We'll see." I say slowly with a smile on my face. I heard him chuckle, as I walked into the door of my room.

I took ok my dress, and slipped on some comfy pajamas, with a purple loose T-Shirt. I took of all of my make up and put my hair in a bun before washing my face. I opened my door just a crack and tiptoed down the hallway. I was about to go on the stairs when I heard a noice behind me and turned around, when I saw no one there I turned around again to face the way I was comming down and bumped straight into Klaus.

"My rooms that way, love." Klaus said with a smirk pointing to the right side of the stairs. I smiled and shoved him slightly.

"I know where your room is, I was heading down for some water." He put his hands in the air and gestured me to move on.

I went into the kitchen and got two bottled waters from the fridge. I handed one to Klaus, he was about to say something when his phone vibrated, he had gotten a message. I opened my water and drank a little bit from it. I stared at Klaus, he wasn't happy with what he was reading.

"Is something wrong?" I said trying to lighten the mood and well...get rid of the ackwards silence. He just shook his head.

"Caroline, love. I'm going to need you to sleep with me tonight. For safety reasons." I eyed him closely, a smirk comming on my face.

"Ok, c'mon Klaus. Do you expect me to believe that?" He looked away from his phone and up at me, his facial expression didn't change. He was serious. "Oh, your serious." I said.

"I wouldn' have you do it if you were unconfortable but..." I stopped him there.

"It's ok, I don't mind." I said taking a sip from my water and heading to his room. "See you there."

I went into Klaus's room and was outstanded by what I saw. There was a canvace at the end of the room which he had not finished, and small other paintings under it with a desk full of brushes of different sizes. I went over to observe them and looked at the dates, 04/16/47, 07/20/62, 12/25/72. Klaus had a history in this household. All of his paintings were dark and troubled, Exept for one. There was one of a field, in that field there were horses and people playing. But what caught my attention was a man, around the forest, by himself. I looked at the date of the painting, 09/01/13. I had known Klaus by 2013. I traced my fingers along he paintings and my heart ached with every touch.

"Not what you imagined it in here, is it?" I look over at Klaus who was leaning at the threshold, one arm relaxing on his side.

"No, it wasn't. But the paintings don't surprise me at all." He smirked and walked in with his eyes furrowed.

"What do you mean, love?" He asked putting a hand around my waist. I felt my heart skip a beat and I grabbed on to his arm.

"They are beautiful, deep, and they tell a story." I say softly leaning my head on his chest.

We stood there just looking at his paintings. I began to take in my surroundings. There was a large kings size bed with dark maroon spreads and pillow cases to match and a closet at the far end corner. There was a door on the right as well, which I guess is tha bathroom. And the room was the color of grey, a simple coat of grey.

"Better go to sleep now, love. we have a long day tomorrow." I nodd and take one last look at the paintings before we both head to bed.

I had the same dream about Tyler as the day before on the jet. I sat up and put my head in my hands. I carefully remover Klaus's hands from my side and stood up. I heard him moving a bit, from behind me. But he didn't say anything. I walked downstairs and got a blood bag from the fridge under the stairs, where Klaus said he had them.

"Something we need to talk about, love?" It was Klaus behind me taking a blood bag from the fridge as well. He closed it and walked me towards the couch. I sat down and drank the blood bag. "Caroline," He said with a tiring voice.

"What? I didn't say anything." I say looking at him.

"That's why, now what's wrong." I sigh and decide to tell him about my dream of Tyler.

"I first got it on the jet, I decided to ignore it. I thought maybe it was a guilty mind, or something. But when I got it today, I... don't know why." He looked at me with thinkative eyes and his hand on his chin. "What do you think it is?" I asked him. He just slowly shook his head.

"I don't know what to think, Caroline." He said softly, but when he looked at me I saw otherwise.

"Yes, you do, Klaus. I see it in your eyes, you are holding something back. What is it?" I ask a bit irritated.

"It's nothing it may not even be true, but I have an idea. Based on what your telling me..." He stopped for a second and asked something, "And you say it's the exact same dream?" I nodd my head and he continues. "Based on what you are saying, Caroline. Somebody is getting into your head." My heart skipped a beat and not in a good way.

"Wait, your saying Tyler is getting in my head?" He looked a bit desracted by the window, then he answered me.

"Not neccesarily Tyler, but because of Tyler,yes." I slowly procces the news before he speaks again. "Let's go back to bed, we'll talk more in the morning."