Safe

I woke up in my living room couch, the smell of coffee filling my lungs warming me inside. I stand up and begin to stretch. But, when  reach up I get a horrible head ache. Not like the ones I use to get when I was human, but worse... amplified. The pain stays for a couple of seconds, before it leaves me alone completely. I hold on to my robe harder and make my way to the kitchen, where Klaus was setting two mugs of coffee.

"Good Morning, love." He says handing me a mug of coffee.

"Thank You." I say faintly returning to the couch and sitting on my knees resting m elbow on the edge with my head in one hand and my coffee in the other. Klaus comes over and sits in front of me.

"Do you want to talk about it, love?" My eyes start  to flood with tears, as I self consciously shake my head. He just nods twice and looks down.

"I..." I try to speak but nothing comes out. "I am going through so much hurt right now." I say with tears rolling down my cheeks. Klaus comes forward and hugs me, and I don't refuse. Because the only person  know that is here for me, is Klaus. "Thank you." I whisper into his shoulder. As I hug him tighter than what I thought my strength could hold.

"Shhh, it's ok ,love. I'm here." And when he said that I just couldn't keep it in any more. I cried like I have never before.

After crying for about ten minutes non stop, Klaus finally speaks up,

"What you need is a vacation. What do you think?" I look up from his shirt and into those beautiful blue eyes. The sun was still making its way the top and it came through the cream colored curtains so peacefully, it made Klaus look at peace, kind, Whole hearted. I snap back to reality when Klaus begins to call my name. "Caroline, love. Are you ok?" He asks concerned looking into my eyes.

"Yeah." I whisper, still looking at him. There was something different in Klaus.

"So what do you say?" He asks me holding tightly to my hands. I look over to the rising sun, then to some pictures of my mom and I. Finally, I look at Klaus.

"I say yes, I'm tired of being hurt." I say taking my hands and wiping the dry tears on my face. "It's time for a change." A smile I thought I would never use again, popping up on my face. I wasn't happy, but the pain had subsided. And I had Klaus to thank.

"When do you want to leave, love?" He asks a smile in his lips as well.

"Now." I say, a small laugh escaping my mouth. And his smile getting wider than ever. "I'll go pack." I said making my way upstairs.