23rd Expiditin-Part 3

"Petra. Is this what you need to have help with?" I asked, while pointing at her broken gear. Petra nodded her head. I reach down and pick-up her gear. "What's wrong with it?" I asked. "...... I forgot how to put gas into my gear," Petra said, embarrassed. "Follow me," I sighed. Petra and I walked over to the wagon were Commander Erwin and Corporal Levi were disguising terms about what's happening at the moment.

"Cadet, I need your help with something." Asked Commander Erwin. "With what, Sir?" I asked kindly. Everyone seems on edge! "What are you staring at?" Asked Commander Erwin as he brought me back to reality. "SORRY SIR!" I barked while saluting him. "What do you need to have help with, Commander Erwin?" I asked quietly. But then Levi interrupted me and continued talking Commander Erwin.

"So Petra." I said while catching her attention. "Oh! Yeah. What is it Ember?" She asked me. "Are you sick?" I asked as I put the back of my hand on her forehead. "Yeah I'm fine..... But that cute guy over there." She giggled. "Come on Petra." I hissed. "Oh yeah, RIGHT my gear." She said quickly. "But, Ember when we get back can we talk about something?" Petra whispered to me. I just smiled up at her. Then I showed Petra how to put gas into her Gear.

Some Time Later........

"Cadet Linger!" Called out Commander Erwin. I then ran up to the tall man. "Yes, Sir!" I squeaked. "*Sigh* Should we stay any longer or not?" He asked me!!!! I was shocked that Commander Erwin asked me that. Everybody's life depended on one small decision. If I chose wrong everybody would die on my behalf and I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt. I then heard foot-steps coming up from behind me. "So Ember. What is your choice?" Asked Hanji (who was the person I heard walking behind me). "We should leave." I decided grimly. "We leave?" Asked Commander Erwin. I looked-up at him and nodded 'yes'. "What! Why would we leeaavvveee?" Whined Corporal Hanji. "Because I can't stand much more of this death shit." I hissed. I turned and walked-up to Levi.

"What is it, brat?" Corporal Levi asked me, stoic. "We are leaving this shit-hole, Corporal Levi." I answered. "What do you mean?" He asked me while staring into my soul. "We are leaving and that's final!" I ordered. "Brat, what did you just say to me!?!" Levi hissed at me while pulling my braid. "Captain Shorty. Let Ember down. She is right." Said a shaken Hanji. 'Tch' is all what he said. "Hanji, what's wrong?" I asked my friend. Hanji just then grabbed me by the hand and guided me to a small clearing.

All, what I could see was a small crowd of people surrounding something. As, I made my way to the front. I saw...... Sadie crying and worst of all Dodge on the ground with a gun in his bloody hand pointed at his blood drippin' face. "DDD- Dodge? What are you doing?!?" I cried out. He just stared at me. I knew what I had to do to save Dodge.

I walked-up behind him and wrapped my arms around him, attempting to comfort Dodge. "I'm so sorry...... I'm sorry Petra, Ember, and Sadie...." He wailed. I then reached for the gun from his hand and threw it to Hanji and she caught it and just walked out of there. "Dodge.... Look at me. Please" I pleaded quietly. He then looked up at me, eyes redden from crying so much. "It's alright" I cooed. "Yeah. Everything will be all right." Agreed Petra, who was trying to calm down Sadie. I then held Dodge tightly for a couple more moments. Everybody looked shocked. Everyone looked scared. I mean who wouldn't look scared after a failed Expedition.

"Stand-up," said calmly. Dodge then took my hand and stood-up. "Thank-you," Dodge said quietly. I just smiled a reassuring smile up at him and guided him back to a supply wagon. "Ride back here." I instructed. "Dodge... I'm joining you." Sniffled Sadie, who was walking up behind me. "Ember." Sadie called-out. "What?" I asked. "Sadie keep an eye on Dodge please?" I squeaked.
"Yeah, I will." She responded. Sadie then got into the wagon and curled-up next to Dodge and then Dodge wrapped his arm around her and kissed her head. Ew. Gross. I made a disgusted look on my pale face and Dodge just smirked in response. I turn and head to my beloved horse, Juniper.

"Cadet Linger." Called out Levi. "Yeah," I said as I was saddling-up my horse. "What do you think you were doing with Steiner!" He snapped at me, moodier than usual. "He's my friend. I had to do something." I said while looking up into his mysterious eyes. "Levi, you know that you have that same look in your eyes." I commented. "Tch. What do you mean idiot?" He asked me. "You always seemed like you were always waiting for someone." I said while blushing. "You're an idiot." Commented Levi as I was spacing-out.

"We're going now!" Called out Hanji. And then we left the woods.