"Go out and have fun Danny. Oh, and Holland says hi." And with that Camila left him all alone in the kitchen

***

"I was like probably 3 year old and my mom and her friend went out to the city and they left me alone with my dad who apparently didn't pay much attention to me so when my mom and her friend came back they saw a bunch of kids in front of our building and they were like what's going on and stuff and someone told them that there's a kid sitting on the window and throwing them candies and they looked up and bam! I was sitting on the widow, with my legs out and I was indeed giving them candies. So my mom quickly made her way upstairs, and may I add our apartment was on the fifth floor and there was no elevator. She asked my dad where's their kid and he was like probably playing in the bedroom. And she called him an idiot and went to the kitchen and carefully made her way and took me into her arms. She was so glad I didn't fall down. And she asked me what's going on and I told her I was giving them candies ya know, so she said something about me falling down and I was like no mom but the kids didn't let me fall. Like what kind of kid does that?"

Lauren laughed at her date's childhood memory.

"One I stole something from the store when I was about 5." She replied

"That's not really that bad. I could have died."

"But you were feeding the poor kids, I was stealing."

The two of them have been in the restaurant for about an hour or so. Lauren was having an amazing time with Hunter and she had to admit that she was wrong. Maybe this could actually work. Maybe this will finally be it for her. Maybe this was her change to get over Camila.

And then her phone buzzed and she saw the notification.

Or maybe not.

"Mind if I check my phone?" Lauren politely asked

"Go ahead, anything important?"

It was a picture of Camila, Ally and Hailee sitting on the couch, none of them had any make up on but Lauren still thought Camila looks like a fucking model.
She was wearing Lauren's T-shirt and a goofy smile. Underneath there was a capture "spillin' some secrets, creatin' new memories, gettin' new ideas, but mostly bein' lazy and binge watching movies while eating junk food. so good to be with my two love bugs. there's no place i'd rather be."

"Nothing important. Not important at all." Lauren said and turned off her phone, just in case.

The date continued with Lauren and Hunter having the time of their life. Apparently the restaurant was not the only place where he wanted to take her. She was so glad she didn't take her own car, but got a ride from Camila instead.

They were parked on the beach, sitting on the car. Lauren had a feeling like she was in some kind of  movie. They were far from the city and the sky was full of stars.

They kept laughing and talking about everything and nothing. For once, Lauren felt comfortable around a guy she didn't know well. Perhaps it was because he wanted to hear all of her thoughts or because he still didn't try to fuck her. Hell, he was too anxious to even touch her. Maybe he thought she was made of porcelain, she definitely looked like she was. Pale skin, perfect structure, beautiful green eyes and pink lips.

It's not like he didn't want to touch her or kiss her. It was the only thing he wanted to do for months, even years. But he knew if he fucks this up, not only she will never talk to him, but neither will Jake. And Jake was really important considering he was the co-captain of the soccer team.

"Better be careful with her Hunter, you get only one chance kiddo." He heard Jake's voice in his head over and over again

Lauren was in the telling the story about how she and Harry were staying at their grandparents' house and they decided to pick all the grapes, although it was not the time to do so and how they got in a trouble, by both of their dads and grandfather. Somewhere in the half of the story she felt Hunter taking her hand into his own. She smiled and continued with the story. Hunter let out a breath he was holding, maybe he's not doing too bad?