chapter 11

july 26

"hey michael."

"hey abigail."

"you're cute."

"i know."

"you're hair is so light. why don't you go dark again? you used to be so cute with dark hair."

"i don't want to talk about it."

"michael." the blonde girl stood up from the couch, crossing her arms. "if you're going to keep moping over that annoying kid, luke, i'm just gonna leave. i'm your girlfriend, why can't you dye your hair for me!?"

"because i don't want to!" michael raised his voice, standing up too. "abigail, why are you always like this?"

"i just feel like you don't love me."

michael rolled his eyes. "gee, didn't know my love depended on whether or not i obeyed master's orders."

abigail narrowed her eyes. "you're a dick. why can't you pick a non gay hair color? i'll see you at that louis guy's party tonight."

"whatever." michael laid back down, pulling at strands of his faded lavender hair. "my hair's not gay..." he mumbled under his breath.

god, what was he even doing with his life.

-

michael groaned at his reflection in the swimming pool in the back yard, tugging at the teal streak in his hair. "my hair isn't gay. i'll just go lavender again after i break up with that bi-"

"dude, you're so fucking whipped." calum snorted as he leaned against his best friend. "seriously, i thought you were way past chicks?"

"my sexuality is none of your damn business." he huffed, crossing his arms. "and i'm not whipped, i-"

"michael! stop hiding from me!" abigail snapped as she entered the backyard. "how long have you been here!? you know i don't like being separated at louis' parties!"

michael flinched, looking to calum for help.

too bad calum was too focused on staring at the ass of one of louis' friends. what was his name? ashley? ashlynn?

whatever, it didn't matter; abigail already had michael by the arm, dragging him inside. "i want to dance."

"i don't dance, abigail. dance with your friends."

the blonde girl furrowed her eyebrows in irritation. "i bet you'd dance if luke asked you..." she mumbled, causing her boyfriend to stiffen.

"dude, can you not bring him up? seriously?" he groaned out, nose scrunched up in disgust, but also a hint of pain.

"did you just call me dude?" she scoffed, turning away. "i'm gonna go find my friends. come find me when you're done being a dick."

and with that, michael was alone.

or was he?

... yeah. he was. michael groaned, grabbing a cup left unattended from the table near him and downing it. he instantly cringed and gagged, erupting into a coughing fit as he searched for something that wasn't alcohol to clear the burning sensation in his throat.