Chapter 5

A.N. Listen to the song while reading this chapter ;)

Kacey's POV

            I took a quick glance at the menu and ordered a burger with sweet potato fries and a cucumber lemonade. I tried to look every where but at him. But I just couldn't resist.

              At first, looking into his icy Azul depths, I felt a darkness surrounding me. Enveloping me into the icy cold bitterness called life. It was excruciating, scalding water being poured onto flesh, it felt like being bitten by a Black Mamba snake. It was every heartbreak I have ever felt multiplied by 10 and this time, there were no anti-depressants available.

          However, after a while, it felt........good. It felt like I was floating on Cloud 9, on my personal high. The pain was gone and I was left with this dull ache in my belly. My eyelids and the palms of my hands became sweaty and I suddenly felt energized. Like being in a fresh field full of lavender, lilies, and carnations with hummingbirds, bees and butterflies flying all around you. Like seeing everything perfectly for the the first time in your life and finally realizing that the world is a bunch of shit but you would move mountains and oceans to make sure that that person is safe.

            And then the arousal came, it came like a category six tsunami, completely overwhelming and swallowing everything down in its path. It was bottomless and I was drowning but I didn't even care that my lungs were filling up with fluid. As my capillaries and airways began to swell and burst from swallowing all of the water, I was floating on top of the ocean. I was 20,000 leagues under the sea, but I was in so much bliss that I didn't notice that he stopped in the middle of the Hard Rock Café and just acknowledged my existence.

           The emotions were so intense that I had to go to the bathroom wash my hands and face with cold water. I looked into the mirror and was totally astounded! I didn't even look like me. I was breathing heavily, my pupils were dilated, my irises turned a lighter shade of brown, my hair was frizzy looking and my white shirt was ruffled because I had to unbutton it to breathe.

            It took me over 10 minutes for me to calm myself and walk back to eat my food. I felt dizzy and uncordinated. I walked back to my seat slowly, as if I didn't walk slow enough, I would have taken a tumble for the worst and tripped up a flight of stairs. "What's that on your neck?" , Scott asked me. Ethan looked up from his food with his eyes twinkling in curiosity and said, "Is that a neck tattoo? Because I would highly suggest that you remove it because it looks shrewd and unladylike." I scoff to myself and give them a look that told them to 'stay out of grown-folks business.'

His baby blue eyes turned cold when he looked at me and his face was hard as stone. I felt a pain in my chest similar to rejection but decided to brush it off because I wasn't looking for a soulmate in the first place. His eyes turned black and gold rimmed around the irises. Black lines were running from his eyes all the down to his cheeks. Uh-Oh. I think I made him mad and I don't even know what I did. The sooner I can get my pride and I out of supernatural NOLA, the better it will be for me and my heart.

A.N. : Good so far? Taraji P. Henson is something important and will show up later in the story. I am trying to come up with a character list so that you guys won't be lost. :)