12-Feelings

Depuis le début

He is pretty handsome, and to think, he actually wants to hang out with me. I grinned and nodded.

"Sure, sounds like fun."

I almost forgot about the twins behind me. I looked back at them to see a smirk on both of their faces.

Drake said, "Well, have fun. Drew's going to help me catch up on my schoolwork. Later."

They waved to us and left. I narrowed my eyes in their direction. Now I know that was a lie. Drake doesn't care about his schoolwork.

Did they actually do this just to get me alone with Kid? Ugh, those two. I turned back to Kid.

I calmly said, "Whelp, guess it's just you and me."

He smiled. "Apparently. So, where would you like to go?"

I shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me. Though I could go for a snack."

"Come on, there's a nice little cafe just down the street."

I nodded and followed him. He led me to a small cafe where we sat at an outside table with an umbrella. A waitress soon approached our table.

"Hi, can I take your order?"

I thought for a moment. "I'd like a slice of chocolate pie and a soda, please."

"Make that two sodas."

The waitress nodded and left. I tilted my head at Kid. "You're not getting anything to eat?"

He shook his head. "I'm not really hungry."

The waitress soon came back with our orders and I immediately took a bite of the pie.

"Mmm, this pie is great."

Kid chuckled at me before taking a sip of his soda. We talked about all kinds of things while I ate.

After I finished my pie, the waitress came back and left the bill. As I began reaching for it, Kid quickly put his hand over it.

"I'll pay."

"But I'm the only one who ordered any food."

He shook his head. "I'm the one who invited you here, besides, isn't the gentleman supposed to pay for the lady?"

I bet my cheeks were tinted pink as I shyly nodded. "Thanks, Kid."

After leaving the cafe, we walked around the city a bit before heading back to Gallows Mansion. It was close to sunset when we got back.

"I had fun, Kid. Thanks for inviting me out."

He smiled. "No problem. I enjoy spending time with you."

I returned his smile before saying, "Well, I'm going to get a shower."

I headed upstairs to Drake and Drew's room. Drake was listening to music while Drew was busy reading a book.

"Schoolwork, huh?"

Drake turned down his music. "Yeah, well, we finished early. So, how'd your date go, Lulu?"

I felt my face heat up. "It wasn't a date! We just hung out is all."

Drew looked up from his book. "I think that qualifies as a date."

"We're just friends. That's it. You know what, I don't have to discuss this with you. I need a shower."

I quickly left their room and headed to mine. I grabbed my pajamas and left my room, going to the bathroom.

I undressed and stuck my clothes in the hamper before slipping into the shower. I felt refreshed at the warm water against my skin. Nothing like a nice shower after an eventful day.